Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all had a big green St. Patrick’s Day! While you’re waiting for it to be Easter time, try some of the new recipes we’ve recently added to our website. One of our favorite dishes is the Easy Jambalaya with Beef, and our favorite sweet & savory treat is the Sweet Cream Crostini.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

yes..another kickstarter idea that would be great for camping and only 229$

here is the link and I am in no way affiliated!  http://kck.st/12u6Htf
·

Comments

• ArbucklejArbucklej Posts: 90
    No takers it only weighs 38 pounds and gets just as hot as an egg
    ·
  • TurtleCreekTurtleCreek Posts: 140
    I'd certainly like to see it in action.  But, I had to laugh at the "Sweet custom stand" description.

Thought it looked like a typical work bench base.
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,381
    Looks like a campsite tragedy in the making...
    ·
    How so and I am not talking about the stand which is total bs.
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,381
    Arbucklej said:

How so and I am not talking about the stand which is total bs.

The base appears to be made of painted 2x4s. How hot can you expect the cooking surface to get before you burn down the whole place like Kramer did to George's future FILs cabin?
    ·
    Haha love the referance and agree about the stand but keep in mind it is a kickstarter so peoples ideas and opinions can effect final production
    ·
  • McStewMcStew Posts: 430
    I would agree with Hap on this one 900 degree claim and your house would also be burnt to the ground  ..... it looks like something Nola would build after a natural disaster with a butter knife. 
    Marina Del Rey CA 
    ·
  • Mama RoneckMama Roneck Posts: 349
    Looks cool in concept, but most of us already have cooking devices that can do the same thing and more.  It's not something I'd buy without independent verification that it can actually reach and maintain the advertised temps.  Plus, a lot of the same can be accomplished with a turkey burner (or lobster/crab/mud bug boil burner!) and large camp skillet.

That said, I think it's a a cool idea - especially if your whole outdoor kitchen is coal fired.  Just would want to know it actually works before sending in my $200 or $300.  my 2 cents
    Mamaroneck
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,527
    $500 and I'm a grilling god?.. Lord henapple... Has a nice ring to it.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 627
    They should partner up with mangrates. Money in the bank.
    ·
    come on don't get that started again...I wasn't trying to sell anything and this one actually has some potential!
    ·