Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

(OT) What are you doing this weekend, besides egging?

Comments

• Letz4wheel
    Letz4wheel Posts: 236
    @eggcelsior I could probably ask my mother what all that means (she worked for an on/ gyn for years) but I ain't gunna :)
    Southern Indiana
  • fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    @eggcelsior, advanced congrats, and prayers for a smooth, healthy delivery process. My wife went natural with 2 of our 3. I agree men are wimps on the pain side of things.
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Doing an overnight fishing trip on a friends boat. It's big. image
    Can I go!
    :D

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    check out the Pelican elite marine coolers if you're looking at Yeti.  They cost about 1/3 less and I think the design and materials are better.  I have the 45 qt.  It was $220 when I bought it.  Holds ice for 11 days, great for FTC. 
    Thanks for the tip @nolaegghead. Those look real nice. Trying to see if I can find a local retailer. If not Amazon Prime can have it to my house in 2 days. Looking at the 65...this one is actually bigger than Yeti's 65, made in the USA, and lifetime warranty. It's also about $85 cheaper...
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • nolaegghead
    edited July 2013
    I've been using pelican cases for years.  The military uses them for everything.  The clasps and handles on the Pelican, in my opinion, are superior to the Yeti.  There's no metal in it that isn't stainless.  Only problem, they're really heavy and big for the capacity.

You'll notice they draw a vacuum when they're closed with ice.  The seals are phenomenal.

The 45qt I have actually has an interior volume of 50 qts.  They understate the specs.

I just leave it outside in the sun all the time.  So far, no visible wear from the elements.  They're designed to handle it.
    I recently purchased a Bruteccooler. It held ice for 2 days... Sent it back to the factory and customer service proceeded to get snappy with me...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead
    No worries on it being heavy. It won't travel too far from my back deck. Cold beer is really important to me.
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • BigWader
    BigWader Posts: 673

Friends coming over Saturday for some egging (burgers, twice baked taters, and corn)... then Sunday going to Centre Island Toronto and it is all for the kids (two girls under 5)...

Not my kids... just photos from the website.

Toronto, Canada

Large BGE, Small BGE

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    BigWader said:

Friends coming over Saturday for some egging (burgers, twice baked taters, and corn)... then Sunday going to Centre Island Toronto and it is all for the kids (two girls under 5)...

Not my kids... just photos from the website.

Sunday should be a great day for going over to the island.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

@TexanoftheNorth - thank goodness the humidex is dropping tonight.  I was dreading 34 (feeling 46) but we'll now probably have every other person in Toronto with the same idea!

This will be my daughters last trip to Centre Island.  At 4 1/2 she stands 46 inches tall and she's a thrill seeker so the next theme park will be Wonderland where we step up to the better rides.

Toronto, Canada

Large BGE, Small BGE

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    I've been using pelican cases for years.  The military uses them for everything.  The clasps and handles on the Pelican, in my opinion, are superior to the Yeti.  There's no metal in it that isn't stainless.  Only problem, they're really heavy and big for the capacity.

You'll notice they draw a vacuum when they're closed with ice.  The seals are phenomenal.

The 45qt I have actually has an interior volume of 50 qts.  They understate the specs.

I just leave it outside in the sun all the time.  So far, no visible wear from the elements.  They're designed to handle it.
    Outside with ice and beer in it? How long would the ice last in it with it being in the sun all day? Do you cover it with anything to keep the direct sunlight off of it?
  • nolaegghead
    hapster said:

Outside with ice and beer in it? How long would the ice last in it with it being in the sun all day? Do you cover it with anything to keep the direct sunlight off of it?
    Don't need to cover it.  It's white, so that helps, but mostly the 2" thick insulation and fact it's air tight - in the insulation cavities and inside the cooler.  The enemy to ice is opening it.  If you fill it up with ice and beer, it can still have ice after 10 days if you don't open it.  If you open it all the time, the ice will melt faster. 

From Pelican:

Pelican ProGear™ 45QT Elite Cooler
    32-45Q-MC-WHT

• 7-10 day ice retention*, freezer grade gasket, 2" polyurethane insulation
    • Dual Handle System (Molded-in & Hinged Handles)
    • Press & Pull Latches (Wide for Gloved Use)
    • Molded-In Tie Downs
    • Non-Skid & Non-Marking Raised Feet
    • Molded-In Lock Hasp, Stainless Steel Plate
    • Sloped Drain & Tethered Threaded Plug (Garden Hose Attachable)
    • Corrosion Resistant Stainless Steel Hardware
    • Integrated Fish Scale on Lid
    • Guaranteed for life
    • Assembled in the USA with US and foreign components

Exterior Dimensions:
    29.66" x 20.00" x 19.25"
    (75.3 x 50.8 x 48.9 cm)
    Interior Dimensions:
    19.00" x 12.00" x 12.00"
    (48.2 x 30.5 x 30.5 cm)

Weight: 35.95 lbs. (16.31 kg)

*Ice retention - Initial test results are based on the Pelican 65Qt Elite Cooler model. Testing was conducted using forced air circulation in a temperature controlled environmental chamber at 90 degrees F. The test specimens were loaded to capacity with commercial cubed ice. Performance will vary by model size and external user conditions, such as; (sun exposure, wind, ice type, frequency of opening, etc.).

I hate all of you. I have to work.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Aviator said:

I hate all of you. I have to work.

I'll be knocking off a bottle of 15 year old Glenfiddich... @Aviator, sorry dude... It sucks to be you.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    @skinnyv, didn't know you lived in the PNW.
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited July 2013
    Yeah live outside downtown. Traffic will drive u nuts .
    Seattle, WA
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited July 2013
    I don't know why but I'm still working!  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• tyenic1
    tyenic1 Posts: 150
    Me and two old high school buddies are headed to the Denver area and spending a couple days golfing and catching a Rockies game.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Family coming up from S Tex. Probably egg Sunday breakfast for sure and possibly Saturday night
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • nolaegghead
    SkinnyV said:
    Yeah live outside downtown. Traffic will drive u nuts .
    BIL lives in Maple Valley.   Last time we went up there for a vacation, we were scheduled to fly there 2 days after 9/11.  We lost a couple days because of the grounding.   Beautiful area. 
    Headed back to Texas from Seaside, FL (800 miles ) Saturday.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,616
    Working all weekend.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited July 2013
    Saturday AM I'm going to attempt a Rutland installation.  Family commitments the balance of the weekend.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Damn. Some guys are fishing (Travis - Nola's right, I hate you too), others are waiting for a new life to come into this world (all the best 'Celsior) others are hiking, boating, camping, cooking or working on cargo bikes (whatever the hell that is). 
    I'll be ripping off old cedar shakes, installing plywood and laying some fiber glass shingles on my storage shed. Working on my roofer's tan. 
    Weather will be great, egg will be close, ribs prolly. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    My baby turns 2yrs old tmrw. Smoking 23lbs of butts for about 40 ppl.
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    My favorite ladies have a salon day tomorrow.

Me, gonna spend it getting pickled in my BIL pool to try and beat the heat.