Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Low Carb Patty Melt

Options
Dyal_SC
Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052

I've been on a low carb kick again for the past 10 days.  I'm 8.5 pounds down as of this morning.  The first couple of days I felt pretty grumpy.  haha  But the last couple of days I have gotten past that.  Feeling pretty good and excited about the weight loss.  I've posted about this bread before, but it's been awhile, so I thought I'd post this simple and humble meal tonight.  HERE IS THE ORIGINAL POST AND RECIPE for the low carb bread.

And now for the patty melts...  I used ground venison for these burgers, seasoned with Worcestershire Sauce and S&P.  Grilled up on the Mini BGE, with one of the patties elongated for my burger.  :)

I elongated my burger to fit my low carb bread.  My wife used regular John Herst bread for her patty melt, so her burger was round (as was the leftover burger).  The burgers were topped with homemade Chipotle Mayo and Chopped Onions.  Would have put some other stuff in there, like pickles, but we didn't have too much in the fridge.  Still pretty good though.  :)  Especially for low carb.  The salad did have some yellow and red grape tomatoes from our garden, but I figured that was pretty minimal. 

The patty melts were simply fried up on the stove top in butter, like an ordinary grilled cheese sandwich.  The low carb bread definitely makes this lifestyle a little bit easier. 

Comments