Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pink Salt & a WOK

Options
The Queen got me a pink salt slab as well as recently a wok from thewebrestaurantstore for father's day and I have really enjoyed both!  Don't forget to warm the salt slab up slowly or it will crack.  Pepper only needed!  Salt is absorbed from the salt block. And the wok seasoning process was quite the tutorial.  

Also posted some recent cooks.

Bon Appetit!  

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    You have been busy. Got to ask, are you warming up ribs in that 7th pic? All looking good.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options

Himalayan Salt Block Works great with many cuts of meat. 

Steaks, boneless breasts, scallops, fish in general and pork chops.  Few others I forget about.  Enjoy your wok also.

How to use, Richard Fl

There are 3 or 4 vendors out there.  I have an 8"x8"x2" that lives to cook on my small.  I would go for the cheeper model and make sure they will stand behind it if it eggsplodes within a month or so.  That has happened here once I know of and it was immediately replaced.  Probably some water in it.I place on my small direct and bring it up to temp with the egg 450-500F.  Used to let cool and wash in sink when I first got it a few years ago, now I just wipe with a wet paper towel when still warm, let it cool, rub with a wire brush when cool and the next time I cook the top becomes the bottom.  Also I store it in the house as the humidity here in Florida will slowly dissolve the block.  If it ever breaks I plan or grinding the pieces for table salt.Recipe Type: Help

Source
    Source: BGE Forum, Richard Fl, 2012/08/08
    Web Page: http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1142505/new-to-eggin-question-about-salt-block-vendors#latest

• six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options

Really nice looking food. Grats on the new toy.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• milesbrown4
    milesbrown4 Posts: 314
    Options
    @Richard Fl thanks for the tips.  I never thought of cooking on the opposite side!  

@ Mickey there are ribs in there.  Made a rack in June, pulled it out for dinner and regrilled them as individual pieces.....winners!  excellent and they tasted fresh.  love the foodsaver!