Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stoker Wifi Static IP Address

Tak
Tak Posts: 145
edited July 2013 in EggHead Forum
HI everyone....looking for some help....I have just gotten my Stoker Wifi....got it set up...was wondering if anyone who has one can tell me how to get a static IP for it....I hate having to check the IP all the time...I have tried a couple of things that I saw on various posts but can seem to get it to work....I have a Apple Airport extreme router that I am using....any help would be appreciated....driving me nutty!!!

Comments

• bigirish
    bigirish Posts: 36
    I don't have a Stoker (although I'd like to someday!), but generally speaking you should be able to assign a static IP through your router if you know the MAC address of the device. Try looking for it in your router settings.  That's the way I've done it for my other devices in the past.  I limit my MAC addresses to the devices in my house and assign them their own as an additional layer of security.
  • Tak
    Thanks!....however....can't seem to get it off the Stoker in the Wifi mode....really frustrating....is there anyone who has one set up with a static IP?
  • Tak
    Got it!!!.....thanks Big Irish....was able to find the MAC address by hardwiring the Stoker to router....thanks again....
  • New2Q
    New2Q Posts: 171
    edited July 2013
    Tak, have you tried running Utilities->Air Port Utility and selecting your Airport Extreme then hover the pointer over the Wireless Client list that shows up and see if you can't find the wireless client that you don't recognize (the Stoker's address).  It will display the device's MAC address and IP address.  Make note of the MAC address and then click the Edit button.  When the Airport Utility window opens select Network and then click the + under DHCP Reservations to add an assigned IP Address for the MAC address of your Stoker.

Hope this helps.