Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

(OT) What are you doing this weekend, besides egging?

We always talk about what we are cooking, what else are you doing? (Besides the obvious: drinking adult beverages).

We are heading out of town for our first camping trip of the summer. I have a 5 year old, a 3 year old, and a 5 month old, this should be interesting.

Comments

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Dropping 2 motors in my neighbors 38' Nortech and then hoping we run 160.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Had a BAD week at work....track work delaying trains and causing me major headaches.  I'm 3 yuenglins's and 2 shots of bourbon into some wings....by the way your thursday is my friday more beer and bourbon to follow.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    No big plans here.  Heading out of town on Sunday for a while so probably just clean the house and pack (yawn). 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Refinishing my deck and trying out the rib recipe in wicked good. 
  • PS I hate Travis too. That's gonna be cool. 
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Enjoying peace and quiet. The Grands are coming next weekend for their summer week with us. Let the fun begin! ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,411
    edited July 2013
    I will be kicking myself.  Over and over.   X(  
    I accepted a job about 4 years ago in the Maintenance Wing of Hill AFB, UT.  At that time the nuclear weapon sh*t hit the fan (flying live nucs to Texas, shipping nuclear parts to Taiwan) and a lot of people got fired.  I was hired as the Chief Engineer in the Missile Maintenance Group because of my nuclear weapon and ICBM backgrounds; but, I had no Maintenance background whatsoever, so despite 60, 65-hour weeks, I was fired 14 months later, but kept in the Maintenance Wing.  
    The Maintenance Wing has about 7,000 people.  There have been 26 suicides during my 4 years (I almost made it 27 two years ago); the entire Wing is corrupt as hell, at least in the senior leadership positions.  I've been trying like hell to get another job on Hill, but not having any luck.  With 5 years to go til Civil Service retirement, I'm too close to just outright quit.
    This afternoon I had a job interview scheduled.  My resume scored a 99% during the preliminary screening.  Because of the Civil Service furlough/sequestration, I wasn't at work today/tomorrow.  This morning I started pulling up my sprinkler system, then mowed the lawn, then started another project, and soon it was too hot and I started taking a shower.
    It was then that I realized I completely missed my interview.  Dammit!!  
    And, so, I shall be kicking myself this weekend.  Over and over.  If any of you want to come over and help, I'll cook up some brisket or something.  
    :((

Scurvy:  when Life doesn't give you lemons

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Botch said:
    I will be kicking myself.  Over and over.   X(  
    I accepted a job about 4 years ago in the Maintenance Wing of Hill AFB, UT.  At that time the nuclear weapon sh*t hit the fan (flying live nucs to Texas, shipping nuclear parts to Taiwan) and a lot of people got fired.  I was hired as the Chief Engineer in the Missile Maintenance Group because of my nuclear weapon and ICBM backgrounds; but, I had no Maintenance background whatsoever, so despite 60, 65-hour weeks, I was fired 14 months later, but kept in the Maintenance Wing.  
    The Maintenance Wing has about 7,000 people.  There have been 26 suicides during my 4 years (I almost made it 27 two years ago); the entire Wing is corrupt as hell, at least in the senior leadership positions.  I've been trying like hell to get another job on Hill, but not having any luck.  With 5 years to go til Civil Service retirement, I'm too close to just outright quit.
    This afternoon I had a job interview scheduled.  My resume scored a 99% during the preliminary screening.  Because of the Civil Service furlough/sequestration, I wasn't at work today/tomorrow.  This morning I started pulling up my sprinkler system, then mowed the lawn, then started another project, and soon it was too hot and I started taking a shower.
    It was then that I realized I completely missed my interview.  Dammit!!  
    And, so, I shall be kicking myself this weekend.  Over and over.  If any of you want to come over and help, I'll cook up some brisket or something.  
    :((
    That's got to be just about the saddest thing I've heard in a while...

Sorry you missed the interview. Any chance they might reschedule? If not; don't sweat it too much, probably work out for the best anyway :)

Brisket sounds good though
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    @Botch - that sucks! 

Make New Orleans BBQ shrimp (has about 3 sticks of butter), eat it, and I guarantee you'll have chest pains....check your self in the hospital, and voila!  Instant excuse for the interview.  Reschedule, new job, happiness all around.
    26?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead
    I'm going to work on my project cargo bike, some other projects in the shop and around the house.

I just bought a 20' Sea Ray, and I'm taking the family to our place on the lake and we are going to ski, swim, grill and make gin and tonics.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,411
    henapple said:
    26?
    Yes, it's obscene!  You'd think higher leadership would note the statistics, and start some kind of investigation, but no.  
    Most of them were earlier on, there haven't been a lot recently.  But, with the sequestration (essentially a 20% pay cut for all civil servants for the next eleven weeks) I expect it to ramp up again; too many folks have been living paycheck-to-paycheck, along with overtime (which has been rescinded).  
    It's gonna be rough for some folks.  
    :(

Scurvy:  when Life doesn't give you lemons

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002

That is big.  Hope he doesn't make you pay for gas.  PS - I hate you.  ;)

It's a 65ft Viking. I couldn't afford to fill the fresh water tank. The guy has reels that cost more than I make in 3 months.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,777
    exspo said:
    I just bought a 20' Sea Ray, and I'm taking the family to our place on the lake and we are going to ski, swim, grill and make gin and tonics.

So far, you and Travis are tied for first on my scorecard.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    No egging for me this weekend... Headed north to do some flatheadin'!
    NW IOWA
  • nolaegghead
    @botch its all coming together now. So you used to be a church goer..got a job you thought was great..ended up being horrible. Lots of suicide and you contemplated suicide..now you feel it's a dead end job and hoping to get something better...sounds rough man. Hope thing s turn around for ya
    Used to be a church goer?  Is that inference or did I just miss that? 
    We play in a couple tennis leagues here in Atlanta and our seniors mens (45 and older) and our mixed doubles teams both made the playoffs. We have the mens seniors team playing Friday night and Mixed doubles on Saturday morning. 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Going to fish for trout off my kayak on Saturday and then hit  a local Jazz Fest on Sunday. (I will still use my egg all three nights)
    Battle Ground, WA
    Large BGE,  MiniMax  and a Vision Kub.
    Could you call on Lady Day, could you call on John Coltrane?
  • Que_n_Brew
    Que_n_Brew Posts: 578
    Leaving the BGE for 8 days to take the fam on the annual summer Florida trip.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    edited July 2013
    Two stepping, hiking, grilling and tubing at Garner state park with my family and friends.

Great fun.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 597
    edited July 2013
    Going to check out a Yeti cooler @ the marine store....my old trusty Igloo gave up its ghost after a decade of faithful service. A bit of pool work and some cocktails.
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    Going to check out ComiCon. Not actually attending, just people watching down town. There's also a book signing by one of my favorite authors at a local bookstore that I'd like to attend.

Heard there's going to be a zombie walk, always amazing/hilarious...

B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    I was hoping to ride my ATV on Saturday and smoke some meat at some point this weekend. Then I read the previous post from Eggcelsior and decided I should do something nice for my pregnant wife! Oh, and yes, chicks are TOUGH!

Congrats to Eggcelsior on the new family addition joining you soon.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • dstrbd488
    dstrbd488 Posts: 66
    Going to do a family cleaning party at the inlaws place father in law is having aortic valve replacement surgery Monday and the wife wants their house spotless before he goes to the hospital
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    MJG said:
    Going to check out a Yeti cooler @ the marine store....my old trusty Igloo gave up its ghost after a decade of faithful service. A bit of pool work and some cocktails.

I got two Yetis and have had no problem at all, Yesterday used the old Igloo to take the family to the water park and ice was gone in about 4 hours. The Yeti would of had it for days,

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    No plans at all. Stuck working all weekend, Mrs. G is out of town for trade shows (Chicago and then Philly). Probably sit on my porch, drink a cold one or two and pretend that my dog is actually smart enough to play fetch. maybe I'll fire up the Egg, but just haven't had the motivation to cook for one.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings