Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Can you Egg in a Light Rain?

Chicago Wine GeekChicago Wine Geek Posts: 150
edited 2:34PM in EggHead Forum
I'm about to find out. Just as I put the chicken on, the first drops started to fall....
·

Comments

• Bobby-QBobby-Q Posts: 1,993
    Chicago Wine Geek,
    You could Egg in a hurricane probably...well a category 1 anyway.[p]Seriously though, the rain won't hurt the egg or affect the cooking.[p]Enjoy your meal.

·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,312
    IMG_0209.jpg
    <p />Chicago Wine Geek,
    you sure can! I even egg in downpours using this roof top cap I bought at Menard's. Just remember it gets ungawdly hot! Touched with your fingers and they will be seared!!!

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,312
    IMG_0210.jpg
    <p />here's another shot of it upside down - just make sure the throat is 6" in diameter and that way it will sit down over Miss Daisey without any problems.

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • RRP,[p]well that answers that question. Great idea, thanks for posting it.[p]phillip
    ·
  • RRP -

Too cool! Gotta get me one of those. Tonight is lime chili rubbed bone in chicken breasts with a 2001 Spring Mountain Cabernet. Just stopped raining.
    ·
  • Chicago Wine Geek, there was a post about 4 years ago from a new lady Egger in Iowa...she had just started cooking an overnight pork butt, a 24+ hour cook, and a 6 inch downpour that lasted all night hit ; just as she started the cook... she posted the next morning....EGG held steady, temperature never budged despite the torrential rains. She had No raincap, no protection ; an umbrella will keep you and the Egg dry or a raincap will help in a hurricane. Probably neither is needed. Eggs can handle it without help.....

·
  • Chicago Wine Geek,
    This question is answered in my website's FAQ. Hope this helps![p]TNW

[ul][li]Eggin' in the Rain[/ul]
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • palpal Posts: 19
    RRP,[p]What a great idea!!! I'm of to Menard's first thing in the morning to pick one up. Thanks for posting this.

·
  • billygbillyg Posts: 315
    thank you very much
    winter is coming
    billyg
    ·