Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Can you Egg in a Light Rain?

Chicago Wine GeekChicago Wine Geek Posts: 150
edited 3:04AM in EggHead Forum
I'm about to find out. Just as I put the chicken on, the first drops started to fall....
·

Comments

• Bobby-QBobby-Q Posts: 1,993
    Chicago Wine Geek,
    You could Egg in a hurricane probably...well a category 1 anyway.[p]Seriously though, the rain won't hurt the egg or affect the cooking.[p]Enjoy your meal.

·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,884
    IMG_0209.jpg
    <p />Chicago Wine Geek,
    you sure can! I even egg in downpours using this roof top cap I bought at Menard's. Just remember it gets ungawdly hot! Touched with your fingers and they will be seared!!!

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,884
    IMG_0210.jpg
    <p />here's another shot of it upside down - just make sure the throat is 6" in diameter and that way it will sit down over Miss Daisey without any problems.

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • RRP,[p]well that answers that question. Great idea, thanks for posting it.[p]phillip
    ·
  • RRP -

Too cool! Gotta get me one of those. Tonight is lime chili rubbed bone in chicken breasts with a 2001 Spring Mountain Cabernet. Just stopped raining.
    ·
  • Chicago Wine Geek, there was a post about 4 years ago from a new lady Egger in Iowa...she had just started cooking an overnight pork butt, a 24+ hour cook, and a 6 inch downpour that lasted all night hit ; just as she started the cook... she posted the next morning....EGG held steady, temperature never budged despite the torrential rains. She had No raincap, no protection ; an umbrella will keep you and the Egg dry or a raincap will help in a hurricane. Probably neither is needed. Eggs can handle it without help.....

·
  • Chicago Wine Geek,
    This question is answered in my website's FAQ. Hope this helps![p]TNW

[ul][li]Eggin' in the Rain[/ul]
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • palpal Posts: 19
    RRP,[p]What a great idea!!! I'm of to Menard's first thing in the morning to pick one up. Thanks for posting this.

·
  • billygbillyg Posts: 315
    thank you very much
    winter is coming
    billyg
    ·