Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hello from West Viginia !!

Hello ladies and gentlemen. I'm a retired ol' hillbilly that plans on having a large BGE on our deck before winter sets in as that's when I do most of my cooking. Friends tell me that I'll be setting my other cookers out on the curb for the garbage man after my first cook on the EGG.

Brisket is my main focus and I'm here to learn.

Be gentle with me, lol

SG329

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Glad to have you. Good to see someone from somewhere other than TX 8-X Go ahead and pull the trigger. Where in WV are you?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Welcome!

The rest of your cookers can make pretty good storage units for your future egg accessories :)
  • Chubbs I'm in Upshur county. Almost dead center.

• Welcome!  Make yourself at home.
    Flint, Michigan
  • SG329
    SG329 Posts: 5
    Chubbs said:
    Glad to have you. Good to see someone from somewhere other than TX 8-X Go ahead and pull the trigger. Where in WV are you?

SG329 said:

Hello ladies and gentlemen. I'm a retired ol' hillbilly that plans on having a large BGE on our deck before winter sets in as that's when I do most of my cooking. Friends tell me that I'll be setting my other cookers out on the curb for the garbage man after my first cook on the EGG.

Brisket is my main focus and I'm here to learn.

Be gentle with me, lol

SG329

• SG329
    SG329 Posts: 5
    edited July 2013

Sorry for the screwy post above. I'm a newbie and WV ain't exactly computer land.

Gotta go brush my tooth with my TOOTHbrush.

• ccpoulin1
    ccpoulin1 Posts: 390
    Hey now..... The TOOTHbrush was invented in Vermont!  (I know for a fact, because that's where i'm from!)
    :))

Welcome! 

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Welcome!  I have made the drive from GA to Snowshoe a couple of times and it is a really pretty area.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Welcome.  Get it as soon as you can.  We hillbilly's never throw anything out.  We just pile it on the front porch.  You may need to un-retire to buy all the eggcessories, the second egg and the larger clothes you'll need.  This is a great site with all kinds of info for anything you'll want to cook.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167

Welcome aboard-a game changer and the degree of Kool-Aid consumption is a personal choice.

@ccpoulin1-the toothbrush had to be invented in Kentucky-if invented anywhere else it would have to be called a TEETHBrush

:)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Welcome!  I have made the drive from GA to Snowshoe a couple of times and it is a really pretty area.  
    I think you meant "purty"
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Welcome aboard. FYI do not throw out the old grills they provide excellent cheap storage for your eggessories and you will buy eggessories trust me. I even at times use mine to put hot plate setter on or the pizza stones.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL