Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

12 days without my Egg

Tjcoley
Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
Just got back from a vacation in the Catskills. 22 family members in one house for a week plus. Missed my Egg, but I took 20 pounds of pulled pork cooked before I left. Every one loved it. Did 2 whole beef tenderloins on the gasser that turned out great. The Bug A Salt was a big hit, as was the Spud Gun. Pics to follow. Been back for 36 hours and have Egged boneless chicken breasts, rib eyes, dogs, burgers and a whole chicken on the Egg. Glad to be back with the Egg.

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    12 days!?  Oh, the humanity!!!!   (I really mean that)
    Egg withdrawal is a terrible thing. A week+ I am impressed. I can't go more than two days, ergo, have mini that travels.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Didn't bring an Egg to FL this year as to surgery on wrist. But I did sell one to a friend who owns the Market here in Seaside. Not as good as having an Egg here, but Something.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    12 Days with out your BGE I feel your pain, I left the US on June 30th for Mexico and won't get to cook on my egg until August 17th and yes I already have my wife's favorite meal planed when I get home, Sam's Salmon EVOO and Raging River seasoning. PS know one has even heard of the BGE here in the mother land. I'm Jones-en, I've got a BGE Jones, BGE Jones, BGE Jones, Ohh Woo....
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • Crispix49
    Crispix49 Posts: 191
    Sounds like a mini is what the doctor orders for you!
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Did you have to reapply to the forum? ;)
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    hapster said:
    Did you have to reapply to the forum? ;)
    I had the Mothership put me on inactive status while I was gone so I didn't need to reapply.
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    What's the big deal? I haven't used mine since mid-June. Was out of town for two of those weeks, but the rest of the time, I just didn't want to. Still not in the mood. Prolly growing penicillin by now, haven't looked.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut