Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Dinner - Spatchcock & Asparagus

Spatchcock rubbed with montreal chicken seasoning and a little dizzy dust.. then threw some asparagus in a drip tray with some onions, olive oil, kerrygold butter, lemon juice and some s/p & garlic.. 

Spatchcock was delicious as always, but the asparagus was out of this world - and I'm a huge fan of asparagus to begin with.
XL BGE - Baltimore, MD
·

Comments

• Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,453
    Nice, cooking the asparagus under the chicken.  I love A too.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • GrillmagicGrillmagic Posts: 1,065

Love me some Spatchcock Chicken! How long were the veggies on for...

Thanks

·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,596
    Asparagus and spatchcock chicken is on our weekly rotation as well! :) Yours looks outstanding! Love the idea of the asparagus getting some drippings.
    ·
  • JaredMDJaredMD Posts: 59
    @Grillmagic - The asparagus was on for about 20-25 minutes.. I let it go a little too long and a corner of the tray burned a little, but it didn't ruin anything
    XL BGE - Baltimore, MD
    ·
  • sumoconnellsumoconnell Posts: 1,007
    Genius.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
    ·
  • Que_n_BrewQue_n_Brew Posts: 565
    Very nice Jared!
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,962
    nice job!

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,064
    Most excellent! We eat a lot of asparagus off the egg and this sounds like a great way to do it. Thanks!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·