Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

double trouble

Doubling down on brisket tonite.. 28 lbs untrimmed. After trimming, probably 22 lbs. It was thick.

Local store had it on sale for 1.77/lb. (The heb that had cooler trouble)

They smell great, if they end up bad, this is on me. Simple salt and pepper rub. I'll post updates! Need to go get some crown...maybe a stick. Maybe.

Oak!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.

Comments

• hapsterhapster Posts: 7,219
    Good luck! Can't wait to see the results
  • sumoconnellsumoconnell Posts: 1,030
    Thanks hap, I was thinking you'd like the stick comment :) any recommendations for a full body?
  • Crispix49Crispix49 Posts: 190
    That's a ton of meat....good luck. I wish I could get a full brisket near me for under $5 a lb.
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
    Getting ready... pulled pork tacos leftovers for dinner, and my bulleit rye is ready with a macanudo maduro for later.
    Egg is fired up, waiting for temp to stabilize.

Brisket is ready...going on in about half hour..
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 15,469
    Sweet.  Keep us updated.

On!

Time to relax for quite a while. Let the egg work.
  • EggucatorEggucator Posts: 184
    Getting ready... pulled pork tacos leftovers for dinner, and my bulleit rye is ready with a macanudo maduro for later.
    Love the Bulleit Rye. I had a few old fashioneds last night with Bulleit.  So good. 
    LBGE
    Zionsville, IN
    Good morning. Egg steady all night, dropped down a bit, but no problem. I rotated the brisket top to bottom, and they are both deep in the stall

New top is stalled at 175, bottom at 165. Cool that it is different. :)

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,739
    Thanks for the update.  Keep up the good work.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

Had to add coals, think I'll be done around 1 or 2, then ftc until around 6 pm. Pushing through the stall now, been there since 4 a.m. low fire (215ish) for the last two hours had a part in that, but looks like that will work out for the best.

I could have sworn I had plenty of coal.
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,570
    Had to add coals, think I'll be done around 1 or 2, then ftc until around 6 pm. Pushing through the stall now, been there since 4 a.m. low fire (215ish) for the last two hours had a part in that, but looks like that will work out for the best. I could have sworn I had plenty of coal.
    You weren't naughty enough last year.
    Success!

Part of the flat was dried since it wasn't over the indirect piece. Other than that- which was expected, it was great. Fed 31 folks with 2 full packers, and I have some of the second point left.

Great times at garner state park!

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 15,469
    nice job, looks good