Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Multiple meat probes.

What's our options?? For one device to do 3-4 thermocouples

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)

Comments

• mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,621
    I think I could see using 3 probes at max.  The only way you would need 4, is if you wanted to monitor meat on a different egg or if you had a dual blower set up.
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 4,544
    edited July 2013
    The stoker can do this with 3 food probes. It comes with 6 ports, and each port can be used for either a temperature input or a blower.  So, if you wanted to run 1 egg you could have 1 probe for pit temp, 1 blower, and 3 meat probes if you wanted to.  

I think you would buy the basic kit plus 2 additional meat probes.  It looks like they offer port expanders too if you want to go more than 3, but I imagine this will start to get pricey!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.