Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Multiple meat probes.

What's our options?? For one device to do 3-4 thermocouples

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
·

Comments

• mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,745
    I think I could see using 3 probes at max.  The only way you would need 4, is if you wanted to monitor meat on a different egg or if you had a dual blower set up.
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,561
    edited July 2013
    The stoker can do this with 3 food probes. It comes with 6 ports, and each port can be used for either a temperature input or a blower.  So, if you wanted to run 1 egg you could have 1 probe for pit temp, 1 blower, and 3 meat probes if you wanted to.  

I think you would buy the basic kit plus 2 additional meat probes.  It looks like they offer port expanders too if you want to go more than 3, but I imagine this will start to get pricey!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·