Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Home run Derby

tamu2009tamu2009 Posts: 233
CHRIS DAVIS FTW.

grew up with this kid and have seen him do so incredible things. I hope he wows America like he wowed our hometown of Longview TX when we were kids.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
LBGE - Custom Table - CGW Swing Grate - Fastest Thermapen you can't see because it's camo- Been e-gging ever since 2013! - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 8,701
    Don't worry, buddy. Crush Davis is wowing Baltimore.
  • MaskedMarvelMaskedMarvel Posts: 1,108
    Best color commentary from the celeb softball - and there were a lot of good ones...

"This has got 'hamstring' written all over it."

Large BGE -- Greensboro!

• TurtleCreekTurtleCreek Posts: 140
    Davis is also wowing the Southern stretch of Maryland as well.

I consider my self lucky to get to watch either the Orioles or the Nationals almost any night of the week on the local sports network here in MD.  It was so fun watching both Davis and Harper with my son.  We just knew those Chevy trucks were going to get hit in center field .... and they did.  My son thought that was the highlight.  Getting to watch it with him was the real highlight.  
  • TurtleCreekTurtleCreek Posts: 140
    tamu2009 said:
    CHRIS DAVIS FTW. grew up with this kid and have seen him do so incredible things. I hope he wows America like he wowed our hometown of Longview TX when we were kids.
    @tamu2009 he seems really humble and down to earth when interviewed.  He seems to be representing Longview and all of his fans very well.  Not all baseball players do that so easily nowadays.
  • tamu2009tamu2009 Posts: 233
    Yeah. He's really come into his own. He used to be a little cocky when he was younger because he was so much bigger better faster than everyone. When he struggled in Texas he really felt the weight of being the home town hero and it got to him. He found his faith and his wife and things changed dramatically when he was traded.

It couldn't happen to someone more deserving, in all his cockiness he always put in the work to get better. He's a great guy and if you ever have the chance to meet him or get his autograph, hell be more than willing to exchange a few words.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE - Custom Table - CGW Swing Grate - Fastest Thermapen you can't see because it's camo- Been e-gging ever since 2013! - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas