Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Home run Derby

Options
tamu2009
tamu2009 Posts: 387
CHRIS DAVIS FTW.

grew up with this kid and have seen him do so incredible things. I hope he wows America like he wowed our hometown of Longview TX when we were kids.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Don't worry, buddy. Crush Davis is wowing Baltimore.
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,141
    Options
    Best color commentary from the celeb softball - and there were a lot of good ones...

"This has got 'hamstring' written all over it."

Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• TurtleCreek
    TurtleCreek Posts: 140
    Options
    Davis is also wowing the Southern stretch of Maryland as well.

I consider my self lucky to get to watch either the Orioles or the Nationals almost any night of the week on the local sports network here in MD.  It was so fun watching both Davis and Harper with my son.  We just knew those Chevy trucks were going to get hit in center field .... and they did.  My son thought that was the highlight.  Getting to watch it with him was the real highlight.  
  • TurtleCreek
    TurtleCreek Posts: 140
    Options
    tamu2009 said:
    CHRIS DAVIS FTW. grew up with this kid and have seen him do so incredible things. I hope he wows America like he wowed our hometown of Longview TX when we were kids.
    @tamu2009 he seems really humble and down to earth when interviewed.  He seems to be representing Longview and all of his fans very well.  Not all baseball players do that so easily nowadays.
  • tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    Options
    Yeah. He's really come into his own. He used to be a little cocky when he was younger because he was so much bigger better faster than everyone. When he struggled in Texas he really felt the weight of being the home town hero and it got to him. He found his faith and his wife and things changed dramatically when he was traded.

It couldn't happen to someone more deserving, in all his cockiness he always put in the work to get better. He's a great guy and if you ever have the chance to meet him or get his autograph, hell be more than willing to exchange a few words.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas