Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

1st set of ribs

awmawm Posts: 177
Never cooked ribs at all before, so this was my first try. Thanks to all yall that post your ways of doing things, they turned out pretty dang good. I just rubbed them with butt rub on both sides (after pulling the membrane, another thanks to you guys) cooked at 255ish for 2 hours then foiled with apple juice for an hour then after i took off foil I cooked just over an hour more. Put some bbq sauce on about the last 30 min of the cook. Not sure if the apple juice done anything considering a hole got in the foil and most of it leaked out. 
·

Comments

• BuckdodgerBuckdodger Posts: 894
    I'm sure they tasted as good as they look !! Great first job. 

Alexander City,Al
    ·
  • awmawm Posts: 177
    Thanks
    ·
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 2,750
    Nice looking results @awm!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Great first try they look tasty.

XLBGE, LBGE growing accessories.

Want: Ceramicgrillworks 2 tier large, Dutch oven, Cyber Q Wifi

Grenada, MS

·
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,736
    good looking ribs
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
    ·