Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New DigiQ mount install

Options

New DigiQ. Just posting a few pics. My thought was to install the mount towards the back of the table, leaving enough room to lay gear in front of it. I know that I could see the display better if it was mounted more forward. However I did not want to place it where I might catch on it. I'm interested  to see where others thought the best place to put their DigiQ or other temperature device.

Other picture is my attempt at waterproofing the power adapter and the DigiQ plug where it plugs into the extension cord.. I plan on leaving the cords and plugs outside year around. Please share any other ideas on your temperature control install

People say that Television is bad for you.  It's that bloody Fridge, that's killing me.

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I used a microphone gooseneck.

Options
    That's cool

People say that Television is bad for you.  It's that bloody Fridge, that's killing me.

• Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Options
    Nice idea (gooseneck)
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I have another gooseneck on the other side of the egg with a microphone clamp and flashlight (very bright LED with 18650 rechargeable lithium ion battery).
    Options
    I have a roof over my deck for shade and raincover. After I bought my Webber gasser a few years ago, I had the electrician install two potlights above the Webber BBQ. Now I may need a couple more potlights for night BBQs above BGE.  

• hotwheels
    hotwheels Posts: 73
    Options
    pics: lights above webber, which is not getting any use

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I see no reason to use the clip. All my parts go into a ratty old cake pan (which prevents them from getting wet from the bottom. I cover that with a rubbermaid somethingorother to keep the rain/snow out of the cake pan. I can move it wherever I want and no worries about anything getting wet. Plenty of room for all the wires to hang out.

No idea, really, but isn't your bracket a bit close to the heat of the egg?

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• hotwheels
    hotwheels Posts: 73
    Options

With all the BGE accessories, I'm running out of inside storage, so the cake can/Rubbermaid outside storage idea might be a good option.

And, I did wonder about the how far away the DigiQ guru should be from the BGE.

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I don't STORE it outside, that's just my setup when I'm actually using it. I wouldn't store any electronic device outside. Not even with a sophisticated setup like mine.  :))

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• nolaegghead
    Options
    I leave mine outside....probably not a good idea. 

The probes are most susceptible to rain - water getting into the jack or wire can cause it to go haywire.

Anyway, I took mine apart just now to see if there was any sign of corrosion.  Looks good!  I'm gonna spray the inside and jacks with some DeoxIT just to play it safe.