Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Post, First Egg, First Brisket

Chris_Wang
Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
edited July 2013 in EggHead Forum
Hey guys,

Been creepin the site for about a month now, so I figured I might as well sign up. I finally got approved and I'm looking forward to getting involved and getting schooled on the egg. I really appreciate the tips and encouragement from you advanced eggers. SWMBO doesn't get your jokes, but I appreciate the humor here as well.

So I got my medium egg, plate setter, and nest for Fathers Day and after doing high temp ribeyes with the Dizzy Cow rub, I went straight to the brisket.

Got a 10#er from my local butcher, rubbed it down with some rub he made in the store, got the egg stabilized at 225, threw in some hickory chips, and 13 hours later (12 hours indirect in the egg and 1 hour FTC), had a hell of a brisket. I still have a long ways to go though.

We live in Locust Grove, GA, big Braves/Falcons fans, and are excited to be eggin.

Chris and Meredith

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

Comments