Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First Post, First Egg, First Brisket

Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
edited July 2013 in EggHead Forum
Hey guys,

Been creepin the site for about a month now, so I figured I might as well sign up. I finally got approved and I'm looking forward to getting involved and getting schooled on the egg. I really appreciate the tips and encouragement from you advanced eggers. SWMBO doesn't get your jokes, but I appreciate the humor here as well.

So I got my medium egg, plate setter, and nest for Fathers Day and after doing high temp ribeyes with the Dizzy Cow rub, I went straight to the brisket.

Got a 10#er from my local butcher, rubbed it down with some rub he made in the store, got the egg stabilized at 225, threw in some hickory chips, and 13 hours later (12 hours indirect in the egg and 1 hour FTC), had a hell of a brisket. I still have a long ways to go though.

We live in Locust Grove, GA, big Braves/Falcons fans, and are excited to be eggin.

Chris and Meredith

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

image.jpg 2.7M
·

Comments

• Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,611
    Welcome aboard 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,461

Good start posting pics. Welcome aboard, and thanks for the introduction. I will go ahead and get this over with for the whole gang... 

Greatest. Last. Name. Ever.

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,416
    Chubbs said:

Good start posting pics. Welcome aboard, and thanks for the introduction. I will go ahead and get this over with for the whole gang... 

Chubbs isn't yanking your chain. For every euphemism you are bound to see, God kills a kitten.

Now get a hold of yourself and pound out some more meat pics!
    ·
  • yellowdogbbqyellowdogbbq Posts: 374
    Welcome, sounds like your off to a great start.
    ·
  • finsterfinster Posts: 133
    Lookin good!
    MBGE in Charleston

·
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,610
    Welcome to the lifestyle @Chris_Wang. As long as SWMBO is enjoying the delicious food you're preparing on the egg, everything else should fall right into place!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Welcome aboard and congrats on the cooks.  Enjoy the journey!
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,498
    Welcome!

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 616
    Welcome aboard. Nice first cook.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX

·
  • Chubbs said:

Well, my last name is Sack...so...
    Large BGE
    Lexington, SC
    ·
  • Drewdlc17Drewdlc17 Posts: 124
    Georgia Egg Heads!!!
    ·
  • Welcome aboard, I got a large for fathers day and still not finished with my 1st bag of BGE lump.  Just picked up some Royal oak from Menards.

Im learning as I go and everyday I find cooking like this is a way of life
    ·
  • AquacopAquacop Posts: 468
    Welcome to the Club, a lot of smart cooks hear, lean on them for advice, I'm still a ROOKIE
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
    ·
  • Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,647
    Welcome.  Very few post brisket pics as their first post.  Strong work.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,686
    edited July 2013
    Welcome to the club. SWMBO bought me our first egg for Father's day five years ago, the conspiracy (to get me cooking) worked, we now own three ... XL, L and L (traded up from a S recently)!
    canuckland
    ·