Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pork steaks

Fixed pork steaks last night. Rubbed with mustard and weber kc BBQ rub wrapped over night. Put them on with fresh rub at 225 indirect with plate setter for 2.5 hours with apple and cherry wood chips. Apple juice with fresh squeezed oj and rub in the drip pan. Sweet baby rays brushed on at the end. They where awesome, moist with a nice smoke ring.
·

Comments

• MklineMkline Posts: 177
    I lived in the Saint Louis area for a few years and was introduced to Pork Steaks and absolutely loved them. Here in the south and while living in Texas we rarely see them offered for sale and I find that sad as they are a great quick & easy cook with a fabulous flavor. 

your cook sounds awesome. 
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352
    Man I love pork steaks! Plain white bread and mustard.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,891
    What internal temp do you cook pork steaks to?  

@Mkline- I think pork steaks are just sliced boston butt.  So, if you pick up butt you can slice it into steaks ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • 150 on tHe temp. They were thick and 2.5 hrs at 250 was plenty could have pulled a few min. Sooner but not dry at all
    ·