Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

EggHead Forum Top Three Lessons Learned

SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,170
edited July 2013 in EggHead Forum
As an engineer in the space industry we're required to catalog our 'lessons learned' to, what else, avoid repeating mistakes and to help edjukate newbies. After almost two years of Eggin' with a LBGE I wanted to list three (there are MANY) of my top 'Lessons Learned' from the Forum and to thank those (whoever they are and I think we know who some of them are) that have helped me realize my 'full potential' as an Egger.

1 - Dump the Lump - Being a long-time out-of-the-closet pyromaniac (you're born that way, it's not a choice) soon after getting an Egg I got into the habit of sorting and arranging the lump. Whoever equated 'arranging' to 'dumping', I thank you for saving a few days out of my life the past few years. Dumping works just fine, as long as you stir what's in there already and get the residual ash to fall through.

2 - No Soak Smoke - Put in whatever wood for smoke, chips or chunks, no benefit to soaking. Same result as 'Dump' in terms of saving time and effort.

3 - Turbo - Low and slow is fine if you got the time or want to put something on overnight but to 'push through stalls' and get 'er done in a more timely manner adding 'turbo' to your tool-suite is, well, sweet. 

Looks like mine are all about time! Cheers! And THANKS!

Comments