Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

"Franklin Style" Brisket - killed it.

This is definitely my brisket opus magnum.   I'm not one that cooks many briskets, and when I do, it's just as likely ground up into burgers, or corned beef or pastrami.  I've cooked more than a few, but have never been that excited about cooking them because, although I'll get some good point meat, I always end up with some complaint - dry flat usually.  I've only had brisket a few times that was at that top level, and you don't have to be a connoisseur to identify it.  Cen-Tex brought some to Salado. 

When I was cooking this brisket, I had that feeling that's hard to describe, but a good analogy might be, you shoot a basket and long before you see the ball score, you have that feeling that everything is right about it, and you don't even need to watch it go in. 

Anyway, this cook resulted in the best brisky I've ever cooked, and I think I've ever eaten.  Even the flat was fall apart tender and moist.  The flavor was phenomenal.  SWMBO who normally isn't crazy about brisket said it was "special".  I was so excited, I wanted to share with some friends and neighbors, so I made a few calls and packaged up some to share the spoils.

Details to follow.

Comments