Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

First butt on first BGE mini

This is my first BGE and I got the mini. I smoked a 6.7lb fresh picnic that I deboned and trimmed. I stuffed it with sage and rosemary then rubbed and rolled up. It was smoked for 6.5 hrs with the new mini plate. It turned out great! Love the mini.

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 6,697
    Man, you nailed it. I failed at my only attempt. What is your drip pan?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • dewalt1dewalt1 Posts: 8
    A double layer of tin foil. I bought the industrial 1000 ft roll. Last forever and builds your upper body strength.
    What temp did you smoke it at? I tried to turbo or nitro mine and the grease got the fire rocking. Charred the bottom. I use mini woo and ceramic stone wrapped in foil
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 4,041
    Too cool!
    Here is the one I did. It was mediocre.
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,556
    Congratulation you nailed it  =D>
    Large, small and mini SW Austin
  • dewalt1dewalt1 Posts: 8
    My grill thermo was half hanging out and reading 250. I stuck my thermo pen through the top vent and it was reading 245. I trimmed it lean when I deboned it and my tin foil pan held all the drippings.
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 17,544
    dewalt1 said:
    A double layer of tin foil. I bought the industrial 1000 ft roll. Last forever and builds your upper body strength.

@chubbs I told you so.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• MickeyMickey Posts: 17,544
    Very nice cook.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• calikingcaliking Posts: 8,220
    Nicely done, sir.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • I haven't done a butt with my mini yet and I'm clueless why that is.  Well done!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  If the lead bullets don't kill you, the leaded water will.