Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

First Butt tonight

2»

Comments

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 1,460
    Looks great. What time is dinner?

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 2,282
    Looks good, the next one will be easier

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky
  • Ok, here's the haul. It's got some spots that aren't the best, and some that melt in your mouth. The top side is drier than the bottom, I imagine partly because it spent a lot more time at higher dome & grid temps than I expected to employ. Some bark spots taste a bit too much of charcoal, but again most of it is fantastic. Looks like there's an area that I had on the bottom with a line of fat about a quarter inch from the bark, and the meat between the fat and that bark are butter. Yum. The drier pieces will work great with sauce, while the rest really doesn't need it. Now, who's got some good pulled pork leftover recipes? :))
    image.jpg
    1536 x 2056 - 1018K
    It's an obsession, but it's pleasin'