Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Friday Cook... Getting back on the bike

2»

Comments

• WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,350
    Looks awesome- got to do another brisket soon
    Greensboro, NC
    ·
  • erniemcclainerniemcclain Posts: 360
    =D>

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,794
    Thanks guys. No pics yet. Might have to get some if the leftovers. My 14yo nephew killed 4 plates of butt, brisket, red cabbage, and beans. He's 6'-5" and about 255. Said mine was better than a local micro brews pulled pork. Victory Brewing if you were wondering.

The brisket was dry and certainly not the best by my recent standards. The butt however, with the Bad Byron's and the Trilby's sauce was about the best I've ever done.

Throwing it all on the same plate with some red cabbage slaw and baked beans made up for any shortfalls.

Regrettably, Sailor Jerry showed up and seriously f'd with my camera work this evening. When I wasn't drunk, the humidity was supper high and ruined the shot.

Here are some pics I can post...

imageimageimageimage
    image.jpg 1.9M
    image.jpg 892.6K
    image.jpg 837.2K
    image.jpg 366.8K
    ·
    Just so you know...

Dealing with and paying for this as well this week. A new playroom for my Scoot... Tile floor and then the carpet was in

imageimage
    image.jpg 1.8M
    image.jpg 1.9M
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,024
    Damn...your nephew gonna play ball? 

Sorry about the brisky, sounds like you had options so all is well.  Great pics, thanks hap.

·

Damn...your nephew gonna play ball? 

Sorry about the brisky, sounds like you had options so all is well.  Great pics, thanks hap.

Yep. He's only in 8th grade, but had already gotten a partial ride to a local catholic high school

Best. He's a great kid and really smart. I'm hoping that my daughter will wind up his agent LOL
    ·
    Final pic for this cook...

Fried up some of the pork and brisket and topped it with fresh tomatoes and fried eggs.

As I sat in the AC eating; I said to my wife, this is why I make so much. The leftovers.
    image.jpg 655.9K
    ·
  • Black_BadgerBlack_Badger Posts: 937
    Great cook and pics (as usual, haha) Hap. Looks like you really had some fun with this one. Good to see you back around. 
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
    ·
  • AltonAlton Posts: 432
    Awesome job as usual !
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
    ·
    Thanks guys... My nephew ate 4 sammies last night, and my wife made him 2 more today before we went over there to go swimming. He got one, the other was stolen by their dog Clark and gone in an instant :)
    ·