Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Spouse Smoked Turkey Saga

This will unfold over the next 24 hours.  The Spouse wants to do her own complete cook.  We ate the last of the frozen smoked turkey from last January, just yesterday.

This is going to be 42 turkey thighs, marinated in teriyaki and smoked with mesquite.

The pic shows the start, and by the way that is our garage and garage fridge, not inside the house :-)
Pasquali Luciano
Buon appetito to all the BGE family
XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·

Comments

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,483
    Good luck!  Keep us posted.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,370
    OK the ball is rolling.  We misspoke earlier, this is 32 marinated turkey thighs.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
    And to wrap it up.  Harvested off the Eggs after 3 hours at 230-250, and dropped back into the cleaned marinate bucket.  These will be stripped, bagged, and frozen for lunches.

This batch turned out really good.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 671
    Looks like she tore it up! Them babies look MOIST! Attagirl Mrs. doc Eggerton.
    ·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,615
    Wow DE, that's some awesome looking turk!
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
  • DMurfDMurf Posts: 481
    Very nice! Wish I could find a supplier for turkey thighs.
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
    ·
  • ThatgrimguyThatgrimguy Posts: 1,178
    What do you do with all that turkey? Slice it into sandwich meat?
    Biloxi, MS
    XL / Small

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt
    ·
    What do you do with all that turkey? Slice it into sandwich meat?
    Strip it into chunks, bag and freeze it.  It is our base lunch and quick meal resource.  What goes with it best?  Salad, with the turkey either hot or cold.

Here is tonight's dinner.  The little container is for tomorrow's lunch.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • ThatgrimguyThatgrimguy Posts: 1,178
    That looks awesome! And as soon as I asked the question my mind starting rolling with all the things you "could" do with a bunch of turkey. Great idea!
    Biloxi, MS
    XL / Small

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt
    ·
  • HibbyHibby Posts: 451
    Salad there looks mighty tasty!
    Conservative stalwart in Thornville, Ohio
    ·
    Here is what we do with that much smoked turkey.  We freeze it and use it for months.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • danv23danv23 Posts: 517
    Time for a Food Saver!

The Dude: Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Walter Sobchak: [shouting] Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!

Cumming, GA
    ·