Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Humble Pie

2»

Comments

• I find it amazing how a small change in a cooking technique can have such a big impact.  I know this cause I'm still trying to find my balance when it comes to cooking and so my fail rate started high but is trending down.  CT, If I had your fail rate, I would be proud.  Now , just a reminder, "If it aint broke, Don't fix it!" 
    Simi Valley, California
    ·
  • I find it amazing how a small change in a cooking technique can have such a big impact.  I know this cause I'm still trying to find my balance when it comes to cooking and so my fail rate started high but is trending down.  CT, If I had your fail rate, I would be proud.  Now , just a reminder, "If it aint broke, Don't fix it!" 

I hear you but it still sucks to lay an egg with 20 people lined up to eat and expecting the good stuff.

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,821
    My brisky is done.  FTC until this evening.  My DigiQ power supply died.  Found a replacement in a box of wall-worts, but then one of the probes was reading haywire, so I just did it manually.  230 when I went to bed, 290 when I checked it in the morning.  Brisket was 180.  Seemed buttery tender at 196, so I pulled.  FTC in pre-warmed Pelican cooler.   I'll report later when I break it out.

Salt and pepper only and three large chunks of oak. Minimal fat trimming - just removed the large hard fat.  

·
  • boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273
    Try some mustard on it next time --- hahahahahahah -- could not resist...
    Cookin in Texas
    ·
  • boatbum said:
    Try some mustard on it next time --- hahahahahahah -- could not resist...

That had to be it. :))

·
  • QDudeQDude Posts: 614
    I had the same thing happen to me last week.  My brisket came out so dry that it was like eating leather.  I think the brisket itself was partly to blame - no marbling thruout like the last couple did.  Just have to try again!

A northern Colorado Egghead since 2012!

XL and a Small BGE.

·
  • BustersdadBustersdad Posts: 244
    My brisket just came off...put on at 10:30 last nite, pulled at 3:15 this afternoon. Wrapped in foil and put in cooler til dinner. Fingers crossed.
    ·