Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Bone in leg of lamb today!!!

Hi everyone going to give the bone in leg of lamb a try tonight......anyone have any inspirational tips for the cook? Temps?? Direct/indirect??
Thanks, I know I will never be steered in the wrong direction here
·

Comments

• Mama RoneckMama Roneck Posts: 346
    set up for 375- 400 indirect with a drip pan or foil on the platesetter or stone/.

We do ours greek style.  Rub it with olive oil, sea salt and black pepper.  cut little slits in it all around and stuff slits with chunks of garlic and fresh rosemary.  Cook to about 135 internal temp.  Let rest for 15-20 minutes when done.  

Mamaroneck
    ·
  • SensFanSensFan Posts: 41
    Sweet thanks.....I knew I could trust this place and it only took 7min
    ·
  • Mama RoneckMama Roneck Posts: 346
    No problem.  One of our favorite things on the egg.  Lamb really seems to lend itself to the smoke and moist heat in the egg.  Just did lamb skewers on Friday. (and we get leftovers today!)

Mamaroneck
    ·