Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Well, it's not an Egg but...

QDudeQDude Posts: 618
...I couldn't resist the Weber Homer Simpson grill that I found on Craigslist.

A northern Colorado Egghead since 2012!

XL and a Small BGE.

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,427
    AWESOME. Those are fantastic collector's items.
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,292
    awesome!  just saw your signature, I grew up in northeastern CO where you at?  I'm actually flying out there tomorrow for a little holiday.

• QDudeQDude Posts: 618
    U_tarded said:
    awesome!  just saw your signature, I grew up in northeastern CO where you at?  I'm actually flying out there tomorrow for a little holiday.

Live in Fort Collins.  I'm guessing you're a Ram fan from your picture!

XL and a Small BGE.

edited July 2013

QDude said:
    U_tarded said:

Live in Fort Collins.  I'm guessing you're a Ram fan from your picture!
    Yea, figure they got enough of my money going to school there, I'm gonna use their logo as much as possible.  I grew up out east of Greeley in a small town but live in Utah now.  My wife loves fort collins so we visit there often (she's in love with odells and fort collins brewery).
  • GogogordyGogogordy Posts: 460
    Too cool!
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • LitLit Posts: 4,028
    Yeah not fair. I have been looking for a deal on one of those forever.
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 702
    U tarded - where did you grow up? I spend a lot of time east of G-town chasing ducks and geese around.
    Centennial, CO
    Unless I'm hunting, then Lord knows where.
    U tarded - where did you grow up? I spend a lot of time east of G-town chasing ducks and geese around.

Yuma is the name of the town. More of pheasant territory there than anything else.
  • QDudeQDude Posts: 618
    Lit said:
    Yeah not fair. I have been looking for a deal on one of those forever.
    I feel lucky that I got it for $40 and it included the Weber cover.

XL and a Small BGE.

• calikingcaliking Posts: 7,064
    You got a good deal. I have the OTG and SJ versions and can't bring myself to cook on them! 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 702
    Used to spend a ton of time in Yuma chasing pheasants around the old Smith Dairy if you know where that was. Still get out that way once or twice a year after ditch parrots.
    Centennial, CO
    Unless I'm hunting, then Lord knows where.
    Used to spend a ton of time in Yuma chasing pheasants around the old Smith Dairy if you know where that was. Still get out that way once or twice a year after ditch parrots.

The smiths are good family friends. I used to cut alfalfa for them when I was in high school. Small world