Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Today's Cook (Pork Butt, Beef Ribs)

I picked up an 8 lb butt at wegmans yesterday and they had beef ribs on special.. I've never done beef ribs before so I picked up a small rack to try them out..

Did the whole cook at about 300 dome temp, the butt went on about 9am, wrapped around 2pm at 160, finally pulled the butt at around 5:30 at 203 and FTC'd for a few hours.. 

I threw the ribs on around 2pm when I wrapped the butt, dusted with some swamp venom and did a 3-2-1 with them, using some squeeze margarine and brown sugar during the wrap and they turned out really good.. and, although they were very tasty, it just makes me want to go pick up a few racks of spares and throw them on tomorrow :)

We had eaten a bunch of the pork before I thought to take a picture, so the end result photo is a little underwhelming, but both meats turned out spectacularly.

XL BGE - Baltimore, MD

Comments