Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

July 4th Brisket

atbarratbarr Posts: 26
Well the rain held off until I got everything going. I put a chimney cap on top to keep the rain out, and a baggie over the remote transmitter. I won't need to open until late this evening. You can't beat a BGE. Some French's mustard and Butt rub.

A.T.
·

Comments

• bigguy136bigguy136 Posts: 901

Looks like a great start.

I have a 19 lb going on Saturday morning.

Big Lake, Minnesota

Large BGE, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

·
  • DMurfDMurf Posts: 479
    Are those two flats?
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
    ·
  • atbarratbarr Posts: 26
    Yes sir, two flats.
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 5,785
    I would put some foil under the parts that are exposed outside the drip pan to cut down on the overcook possibilities.  Flats are tricky but even the singles and strike-outs are good in Q sammiches.  Enjoy the cook!
    Louisville
    ·
    Yep, I'll remember that next time. I'm still having trouble keeping my BGE smoking for over 5 hrs. So there in my oven at 230 degrees.
    Brisket 2.JPG 170.3K
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,259
    5 hrs... What sort of problems?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
    The temperature was at 180, when I pulled them.
    ·
  • sporktaorsporktaor Posts: 16
    Maybe a hiQ would help with ash flow. Could be charcoal with a lot of ash or old ash build up.
    ·