Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking Suggestions -- GROUPER

Options
Bama Fire
Bama Fire Posts: 267
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Picked up some gorgeous grouper filets while in Pensacola (Joe Patti's seafood -- well worht the trip!!) Anyway, I just know they'll be great on the egg, but I'm not quite sure how to cook them or what seasonings to use.[p]Thanks, in advance, for your eggspert help. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend![p]B~F

Comments

• Chief
    Chief Posts: 154
    Options
    Bama Fire,
    I looked on the internet for a recipe for grilled grouper and only found one. Go to www.askjeeves.com. Request grilled grouper and it will lead you to a site that has a recipe on it.[p]Hope ya had a good visit down this way and the grouper comes out ok.[p]Bob

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    Bama Fire,[p]Grouper is great blackened cajun style. I've done it both in a cast iron skillet over a propane burner and on the Egg at extreme steak temps for 2 minutes a side relative to about 3/4 inch thickness. The Egg wins. My vote would be with a butter baste and Paul Prudhomme's "redfish magic" or equivalent or better such as make your own "Essence of Emeril" mix from FoodTV.com[p]K~G
    hot peppers rule!
    pepper.gif

• Bama Fire
    Options
    Chief,
    Yep -- had a wonderful trip. The bikini's were actually nice. I think the seaweed may've helped their development. :-)[p]B~F

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Bama Fire,
    I like Kenny G's idea of a blackened style seasoning. I have also done a mustard slather, and sprinkle on cajun seasoning. Sometimes I will spritz with some olive oil. [p]These do very well grilling direct at 450. For 1 inch thick filets, I go about 6-8 minutes on the first side. The key is to flip gently, and only once. Don't overcook.[p]Have fun!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Bama Fire
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Nothin' worse than chewy dry fish. YUCK![p]Wifey just emailed and said that she's confident in me. Well, doesn't that just put the pressure on to produce top quality fish tonight.[p]I've been thinking about trying some char-crust on some.[p]I'll post some results tomorrow.[p]B~F