Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Help!! My baby backs are ready 2 hours before dinner!! How do I keep them from drying out?

My egg temp stayed too high so the baby backs are done 2 hours before the crowd comes for dinner.
How do I keep them from over cooking or drying out?
They're still in foil, but I don't want to remove them yet.
I think I should do the following, but I'd like some advice:

Take them off the BGE, remove from foil, put on a platter in a cold oven, then half an hour before dinner, put them on the BGE, slather with sauce, etc?
Or, what??

HELP!!

Thanks.
·

Comments

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,473
    I would keep them wrapped in the foil and put them in a cooler with lots of towels (fill the void space) and then serve when ready-I have used this method for football tailgates many times-always works!  YMMV-
    Louisville
    ·
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    +1 for the cooler with towels
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
    ·
  • winojeffwinojeff Posts: 45
    Thanks.
    They're headed to the cooler with towels. Like brisket.

·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,342
    Warm oven (just under 200 tightly wrapped in plastic wrapped then foil. 
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,734
    lousubcap said:

I would keep them wrapped in the foil and put them in a cooler with lots of towels (fill the void space) and then serve when ready-I have used this method for football tailgates many times-always works!  YMMV-

+1. No worries, they will be fine.

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • sporktaorsporktaor Posts: 16
    FTC for the win. Make sure meatside up.
    ·
  • ftc...always make you look like a hero
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    ·
  • winojeffwinojeff Posts: 45
    Thanks for the advice, everyone. The ribs were a huge hit.
    I did put them back on the BGE for half an hour when everyone came, sauced them, meat side up, and they were amazing.
    ·