Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Doing filets tonight

NJ_BBQNJ_BBQ Posts: 98
What is the right IT for 1.5" - 2" filets to come off the grill still pink throughout?

I just received the full sample set of DP rubs, is there one worth trying on a filet or should I stick with S&P?

• WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,517
    Cow lick or swamp venom are good
    Greensboro, NC
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,767

This is a decent temperature chart.

Pull them off 5 to 10 degrees below the desired temperature.  They will continue to heat up some after they come off the grill.

Good luck!

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• njlnjl Posts: 827
    If by filet, you mean beef tenderloin steaks, I vote for 120F.  Don't cover with foil after removing...or they will overcook.