Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ribs, couple of quick questions

I am doing some Ribs this weekend and I'm torn between 2 methods. Either I do indirect until the meats off the bone 1/4-3/8 in. using a plate sitter OR the 3/1/1 method. Any thoughts??? also, I got a maverick et-73 and it worked out great on a butt that I did, does anybody use a thermometer on ribs??? and how do you go about doing the direct method with the ribs on the 3/1/1. Thanks!!! When's the Missouri Eggfest???
·

Comments

• Matty in the STL,[p]The 3-1-1 method is INdirect for all but the last hour. And I recommend it.

·
  • No thermometer on ribs. And try the 3/1/1 indirect with plate setter. You won't be disappointed!
    ·
  • Matty in the STL,
    3/1/1 Is the way to go. That last hour is the time to pull that platesetter off, put your sauce on and crisp it up a bit. Mmmmmm. Ribs.[p]Stefan.

·
  • billygbillyg Posts: 315
    Matty
    The 3/1/1 method is indirect and I have had great results with the dome temp at about 250.
    billyg
    ·