Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What Are You Drinking At This Moment?

Comments

• robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,796

Dale's Pale Ale.

Good brew

Garnerville, NY
    ·
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,796
    Maybe I will have a beer this weekend since its been a month.

Haven't stopped the Vodka slaughter though.

Garnerville, NY
    ·
  • rsmith193rsmith193 Posts: 219
    At a competition in Holbrook Az drinking coffee and a screwdriver, not a better combination to keep you focused.
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,655
    Beer, "It's what's for breakfast!"
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
  • TFolsTFols Posts: 201
    Victory Summer Love..watching the Lobsta Boats cruise by.
    Bloomfield, NJ
    ·
  • AquacopAquacop Posts: 468
    Dogfish Head's new PALO, great beer but beware, this one is 12% ABVimage

Yep 12%

LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
    ·
  • V8 spicy hot. Gotta get my veggies somehow.
    It's an obsession, but it's pleasin'
    ·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,449
    edited July 2013
    A Tomini.....

Thomas Hudson took a sip of the ice-cold drink that tasted of the fresh green lime juice mixed with the tasteless coconut water that was still so much more full-bodied than any charged water, strong with the real Gordon's gin that made it alive to his tongue and rewarding to swallow, and all of it tautened by the bitters that gave it color.  It tastes as good as a drawing sail feel, he thought.  It is a hell of a good drink.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,052
    Just had a Sunset Wheat while shredding and saucing the pork butt... now to grab a quick shave and shower while the brisket slowly moves to the finish line. Once company gets here, probably another one or two Sunset Wheats and then either bourbon or rum on the rocks...
    ·
    The Spouse is splurging with our about once a year Black Russians.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,585
    You guessed it... PBR. Yard work, ugh
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • 10Driver10Driver Posts: 88
    I love this thread. Mostly homebrewed cascade hopped Saison today. But this thread mainly makes me want to crack open my first edition Islands in the Stream with a cold Tomini.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    ·
    edited July 2013
    10Driver said:
    I love this thread. Mostly homebrewed cascade hopped Saison today. But this thread mainly makes me want to crack open my first edition Islands in the Stream with a cold Tomini. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Hey, that's MY first edition Islands in the Stream!  I'll PM you the address you can send it to.

If you have never made a Tomini, you can get coconut water (not milk) at the grocery, and use a good amount of lime.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • 10Driver10Driver Posts: 88
    Yes I try to keep coconut water in the house for just this kind of craving. But sadly I'm out right now. I have 6 kegs of homebrew to tide me over though. :-c
    ·
    10driver, shamelessly reposted from this string http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1145523/we-ve-been-insulted/p1

"The first thing you noticed, coming out of the stream and up to the island, was a small smudge on the  horizon, usually marked by a column of smoke.  Next you could see the tall coconut palms rising higher above the horizon, and then finally the house.  The house was built right into the island, like a ship, and when the trade winds blew, the smoke from the Big Green Egg on the deck went through the house from wind side and out the lee...."

Big Green Eggs in the Stream, Part 1, Andros, Ernest Eggingway
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • Mike's Hard Lemonade
    1large BGE and 1 well used mini BGE living in coastal South and North Carolina!
    ·
  • 2:30 in the afternoon, Bushmill's on ice.  Halfway through a rib cook.
    no, not -that- one!
    KI4PSR
    ·
    2:30 in the afternoon, Bushmill's on ice.  Halfway through a rib cook.
    The preferred drink of Liam Devlin.  Not you've got me thinking of Sean Dillon.  Got to go find some Krug, non vintage.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,894
    I'm partaking of a tankard of grog.

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,585
    Just found out my dinner guest will not be here till late.... I'm gonna try not to pass out. Can't guarantee a coherent conversation though but can't do that sober.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • MurrayGMurrayG Posts: 15
    Buffalo Trace Bourbon; some fresh mint from the garden, gently bruised; a lillte ginger ale and some ice.  A very nice cocktail.
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,408
    Red Splash 2008

Gift from my neighbor.
    ·
  • A lot. Trouble is a brewing.

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,894
    A lot. Trouble is a brewing.
    ruh-roh.  elaborate or just say nun yo bidniss.  Or post a new species of shark.

·
  • Aquacop said:
    Dogfish Head's new PALO, great beer but beware, this one is 12% ABV

I've smelled the palo santo wood tanks at the brewery.  Palo Santo Marron is a fave of ours.  Great pick!

Tonight, we're sipping on some Southern Tier Unearthly Imperial IPA (9.5%, so no slouch there, either) on draft (we have a kegerator).

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
    ·
  • daffy1909daffy1909 Posts: 454
    Everything i can get my hands on!!!!!
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,520
    Unearthly and Oak Aged Unearthly is one of my fav's. That would be dangerous to have on tap at my house.
    Myself, I'm relaxing after a long day with some Three Floyds Zombie Dusts right now.  Not sure what will be after that.
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio
    ·
  • Sun King Osiris Pale Ale after a few drinks out and about.
    It's an obsession, but it's pleasin'
    ·
  • @YEMTrey:  man, I sure love Three Floyds.

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,520
    @YEMTrey:  man, I sure love Three Floyds.
    Me too.  I'm taking the wife and kids to Chicago in a couple of weeks and I'm gonna try to swing a trip to Three Floyds either on the way up or way back.
    This time of year was made for Gumballhead and Dreadnaught!
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio
    ·