Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Way OT, but need some help

Options
Ok I need some advice/perspective.

We have insect bites and can't figure out what is causing them. They are extremely itchy, can't find any culprit (bed bugs, fleas, lice, etc) it's been going in for about 6-7 weeks.

I know a little tmi but figured someone may have some experience with insect bites.

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    If you have any pets, I'd suspect some parasite from them.  Bed bugs, but I trust you know how to check for them.  Contact dermatitis from something new perhaps.  Try using a bug repellant.  If that helps, it's part of the family that it repels. 
    Options
    If you were in the south I would suggest Chiggers, although they are not specifically isolated to the south I never encountered them till I moved here.... here is a link, see if it fits...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
  • Big Ragu
    Big Ragu Posts: 148
    Options
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Chiggers - good call.  DEET works to repel them, calamine lotion helps the symptoms.
    Options
    Chiggers would be along (and inside) your underwear line, not on arms/legs.

I assume you'd know if it was a spider, two holes in the bite.

I recommend you check for bedbugs, and call an exterminator - they can identify bug bites better than doctors. Bet they've seen it all!
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.