Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

More than one brisket on a large?

Hey all,

Has anyone (especially @Cen-tex) cooked more than one brisket on a large?  

I have an AR and spider, is there a way to get 2 full packers on there?  

I'm going to meet ~20-30 friends (6+ families) at Garner State Park next week - and I offered to bring a brisket.. cook it here, FTC on the 2 hour ride down from Austin.  This has been translated from "I'm bringing *a* brisket" to "I'm bringing brisket"..   notice the difference?  This has been corrected, but of course is disappointing.  None of us like to disappoint when it comes to BBQ.    

I plan on bringing sausages and sides as 'filler', but this is Texas :)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
·

Comments

• JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,619
    I have never cooked more than 1 on my large but now seems like a good time to get that second egg. ;)

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·
  • I have not but Alton has with his grid extender. I believe this thread is what kicked off the power buy of the extender ..................... http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1151248/double-the-pleasure-double-the-fun-brisket-baby/p1

·
  • KennyLeeKennyLee Posts: 683
    If you can get it in time, you can do two with the two-tier swing rack from CGW.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

·
  • sumoconnellsumoconnell Posts: 995
    Thanks guys - 

Probably a no go with with the AR + spider.. I need more toys?  

@JRWhitee  I like your thinking!

·
  • Thanks guys - 

Probably a no go with with the AR + spider.. I need more toys?  

@JRWhitee  I like your thinking!

No but you can either borrow my extender or adjustable rig or I'll cook one (or 2 if you need more) for you in my egg. I'm around all week next week and I work at home so no biggie to me.

·
  • Actually I'm not around all week. Leaving monday and get Home wed night and free after that.

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,577
    Doesn't the AR have two levels of cooking?  I know there are multiple configurations- but doesn't the "base" configuration give you 2 levels?  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • Doesn't the AR have two levels of cooking?  I know there are multiple configurations- but doesn't the "base" configuration give you 2 levels?  

Yes and it can go more if you use the spider and stone for the indirect piece.

·
    Actually I'm not around all week. Leaving monday and get Home wed night and free after that.

Thanks Centex - Appreciate the offer very much.  I'll be leaving on Wed morn.  

I can go spider+stone, then  the oval grate at 1.5 and the stock grate on top (4.5).  The 15" stone doesn't allow for catching all the drips.  I might do a test run this weekend with butts... just because it's a good reason to stay up late boozin. 

·
  • Actually I'm not around all week. Leaving monday and get Home wed night and free after that.

I can go spider+stone, then  the oval grate at 1.5 and the stock grate on top (4.5).  The 15" stone doesn't allow for catching all the drips.  I might do a test run this weekend with butts... just because it's a good reason to stay up late boozin. 

So you have a rig? You can do it for sure. Go to heb and buy the cheap drip pans on the BBQ aisle (like 2 for$2). Set that on your stone and you'll catch most. You can crumple them up to fit.

·
    Actually I'm not around all week. Leaving monday and get Home wed night and free after that.

So you have a rig? You can do it for sure. Go to heb and buy the cheap drip pans on the BBQ aisle (like 2 for$2). Set that on your stone and you'll catch most. You can crumple them up to fit.
    Thanks - I do have it, just didn't think the clearance was there.  Sounds like I'm OK for double trouble!

·
  • MaskedMarvelMaskedMarvel Posts: 1,295
    Forums make it hard to post from iPad, but I think this is a swing rack pick. Easy to do two on a large. I've also done two on a standard grate with fire bricks and an inverted v-rack, but I can't find that picture.... image
    image.jpg 1.8M
    Large BGE -- Greensboro!

·
    That looks fantastic!
    ·
  • cbr0011cbr0011 Posts: 85
    I did two recently(16 pounders) and placed them both on the bottom grate with PS and drip pan underneath meat. They did fine. I was nervious that they overlapped and touched the edge of the egg. People loved them. Somehow everything turns out great in the egg.
    ·