Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table Build and First Tries

Just wanted to introduce myself quickly - I'm a new BGE owner (large) as of this past June and after several weeks of night work in my garage, I finished my table put and finally got to use it a few times.  Did two pork butts and a brisket.  Pork butt I seem to have nailed pretty good (to be fair, it's pretty easy), but I need to do a better job on the brisket rub.  I also trimmed it a bit too much, resulting in a much dryer than ideal flat.  The point was great though.

in Houston, TX

Minimax

MBGE

LBGE

36" BS

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Welcome to the forum and nice job on the table!

I'd consider putting some bigger castors on it...harbor freight has some nice 4-5 inch cast iron...
    Definitely realized that bigger casters could help after having moved it around a couple times.  They are rated at 110 lbs ea., so in theory should be able to handle 440 lbs.  But the damn thing is a bit cumbersome to move around, do you think bigger casters would help with that?

And any tips for getting the BGE back out of the table?  Am I going to have to disassemble?

in Houston, TX

Minimax

MBGE

LBGE

36" BS

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929

Nice table. You should hand paint some benjamins on there to represent the $ the Aggies spent to keep Johnny football from transferring.

Welcome to the forum and I like the stain on the table. Also the first one I have seen with a painting paver stone. Nice work.

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Love your set up man. And welcome to the SEC!!

I too started with casters I thought would work and after two eggs and other junk it wouldn't budge!! I've now got a 5 inch set that is big as you can get and it will roll with my pinkie. All I did was use a jack to jack each end up to upgrade the casters one set at a time.

Welcome to the forum!

XLBGE 
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    I like the second picture better where the plate setter is covering them letters. ;) welcome aboard and sic 'em Bears!

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Two_Down
    Two_Down Posts: 74
    Appreciate the comments.

Chubbs - Luckily Mr Manziel would have had to sit out a year had he transferred anywhere; that being said, yeah - we are extraordinarily lucky to have had him.  The effect he's had on our program really can't be overstated.

CookingNurse - Thanks for the welcome to the SEC - I am a little worried about how we will fare this year - been disappointed so many times in the past that I try to keep my expectations low.  Looking forward to try and get to some away games in the upcoming seasons.  And thanks for the tip on the jack - sounds like a good idea.

in Houston, TX

Minimax

MBGE

LBGE

36" BS

• Aquacop
    Aquacop Posts: 481
    Table looks great, wish I had your carpentry skills, I only question your Collegiate taste, ROLL TIDE ROLL - lol. nice job!
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    There's a nasty mark on the lower shelf.  Fortunately you have the platesetter covering it in the second picture.
    :))
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    Howdy @Two_Down!! Welcome to the club and love the table.

Glad to have a fellow another ag on the board.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • Love the table. Welcome!