Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Would a dual functional Heat deflector be useful in doing both direct, indirect?

Heat Deflector designed to fit large BGE grill. The first of it’s kind to remain in place to do both direct cooking, indirect cooking, or both direct & indirect cooking at the same time. The device is operated with any style of ash tool fitted between the cooking grids to adjust to your cooking style without removing the cooking grid or displacing the food. Is there any need for such a device?
·

Comments

• dlk7dlk7 Posts: 988
    On the XL you can do the same thing with a half moon pizza stone - not sure what is available for the large.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,415
    Like an adjustable louver?   I think that would be a terrific idea, however, you'd still have to remove it to load lump and start the fire...unless you design a way around that.

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,370
    I too think it would be useful.  One other challenge would be drippings.  It might get kind of funky without a drip pan; but a drip pan might affect the operation.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg wing. 
    2014 Wing King's Apprentice
    ·
  • Theirs one on ebay it looks like a multifunctional plate setter. Item Number 281134976119. I would like to know if this is a good purchase?  
    ·
  • Theirs one on ebay it looks like a multifunctional plate setter. Item Number 281134976119. I would like to know if this is a good purchase?  
    can you post the link?

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,415

·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 3,875
    Terrific. It's only almost $300

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 9,957
    For that price I can live with a plate setter.
    ·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,380
    For that price I can live with a plate setter.
    and at least for 250 give it a name rather than the device
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,249
    I do the same thing with the Adj Rig & a half moon stone.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·