Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Drinking At This Moment?

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    St. Ides special brew :-SS
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    Old Weller and Sierra Mist... 100 yards off the Gulf of Mexico.  Week at Miramar Beach FL (Destin) one fifth down, one to go.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    Don Julio Blanco
    w a Miller Lite close.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Zima, neat.
    I always mix my Zima with Mountain Dew.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• beaudreaux
    beaudreaux Posts: 23
    Hit a little of Bulleit Frontier Whiskey on ice
  • Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    New Glarus Spotted Cow. 

Damn good to be back in Wisco!
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607
    BYS1981 said:
    I just had that last week, I enjoyed it. Any other suggestions fir Belgians? I've done Chimay, La fin du monde, etc and in branching out. I also really enjoy Orval, but only can get it in a single 12 oz. tonight I am drinking Sierra Nevada torpedo ipa.
    honestly no
    :))
  • Started out drinking brew.  Now I've moved up to Mt. Dew & rum.  Never heard of the drink before, I'm just drinking what's on hand.  I'm not sure if it's good cuz I'm half bagged.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,829
    Foghorn said:
    Caffeine-free Diet Coke.

What's the point?  :P
    @Fred19Flintstone, That's a legit question.  The answer is that it reminds me of the real Diet Coke that I used to drink before I was found to be in atrial fibrillation. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    edited July 2013
    Foghorn said:

Foghorn said:

Caffeine-free Diet Coke.

@Fred19Flintstone, That's a legit question.  The answer is that it reminds me of the real Diet Coke that I used to drink before I was found to be in atrial fibrillation. 

I drink my fair share of Diet Coke, so what is this atrial fibrillation you speak of?
  • henapple said:
    Zima + jolly rancher

Zima+Jolly Rancher + Codiene = purple drank
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    BYS1981 said:

XLBalco said:

I just had that last week, I enjoyed it. Any other suggestions fir Belgians? I've done Chimay, La fin du monde, etc and in branching out. I also really enjoy Orval, but only can get it in a single 12 oz.

tonight I am drinking Sierra Nevada torpedo ipa.
    one of my favorite beers is duvel its a Belgian pale ale. Not cheap usually about $15 a 4 pack but its 8% so it works.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053

GQuiz said:

Anybody know if they sell liquor in Florida grocery stores? Gonna have my toes in the water and ass in the sand Saturday in Destin. Curious if I'll be able to wobble to Winn-Dixie for some Weller.

It is very rare to find hard liquor in a Florida grocery store, but many have attached package stores.  You can always find wine and beer in the grocery.  ABCs abound.

I don't think grocery stores are allowed to sell liquor in FL pretty sure its against the law. I spent 20 years all over and never saw one. There are total wine stores all over Florida go to their website and see if there is one close to Destin. Cheapest liquor and wine I have seen and you know your in the right place when your liquor store has shopping carts.
  • Foghorn said:
    Foghorn said:
    Caffeine-free Diet Coke.

I'm sorry to hear about your heart condition.  Sorry about the joke.  Wilma buys that and it's a standing joke in our house.
    Flint, Michigan
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Here's 2 of my favs.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • Foghorn
    Lit said:

BYS1981 said:

XLBalco said:

I just had that last week, I enjoyed it. Any other suggestions fir Belgians? I've done Chimay, La fin du monde, etc and in branching out. I also really enjoy Orval, but only can get it in a single 12 oz.

tonight I am drinking Sierra Nevada torpedo ipa.
    one of my favorite beers is duvel its a Belgian pale ale. Not cheap usually about $15 a 4 pack but its 8% so it works.
    Westmalle Tripel. About $13 for a 25 oz bottle, but worth it if you can find it. I get the wine and beer guy at my HEB to keep it in stock.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn

@Fred19Flintstone, don't sweat it.  I used to ask the same question.

@Lowflyer, atrial fibrillation is a heart rhythm abnormality that is very weakly associated with caffeine intake.  It is not a strong enough association to formally recommend that people abstain from caffeine, but once you are diagnosed with a-fib and converted out of it, it is recommended that you stay off caffeine to minimize risk of recurrence.  I've been in a normal sinus rhythm for about a month and want to do what I can to keep it that way.

Fortunately, alcohol - in moderate quantities - doesn't seem to be an issue.

San Antonio, TX

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    GQuiz said:
    Anybody know if they sell liquor in Florida grocery stores? Gonna have my toes in the water and ass in the sand Saturday in Destin. Curious if I'll be able to wobble to Winn-Dixie for some Weller.
    FWIW the Winn-Dixie in Destin has a liquor store attached to it.  It is not technically part of the grocery store and you have to check out separately.  The wally-world also has a similar set up. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Nothing yet, but I get off in 5 minutes and I got a fridge full of beer at home waiting. Rahr and Son's Blonde, Sam Adams Summer Ale, Shiner Bock, Tecate Light and some other "stuff". But I may stop at the liquor store for some Dack Janiels because I'm out.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Cant wait to get home - Might be a Johnie Walker Blue night or Tequiza....

Garnerville, NY
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Just got home from a meeting after pulling an all-nighter to get my mid year eval done...

Wife told me we are going to the MIL for dinner.

Shortly will be having something, maybe some Sailor Jerry and possibly a cigar if the rain holds off
  • WalrusBBQ
    WalrusBBQ Posts: 153
    At work now so still coffee and water.

Tonight? Definitely gin & tonic followed by beer(s).

I hope y'all have a great weekend
    ------------
    Beers & BBQ

• Fat Tire and Sam Adams Noble Pils are waitin and chillin.  Just a few more hours.  Y'all have a good weekend.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Nothing.  Still at the office.  Not sure what if any will be drank this weekend.  Pretty busy.  Drink a few for me.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Diet Coke sans bourbon.  I'm still at work.  Then it will be diet Coke with bourbon.

Doc ,they still make Zima. I drank that 20 years ago.

Right now I'm ready to start my 2nd Heineken.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    Two more days of New Glarus, then back to SoCal. New Glarus is as good as its always been...
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    Chocolate Milk 2%, straight up.
  • jrf316
    jrf316 Posts: 55
    water
    Visca Barca
    Mes Que Un Club