Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CI skillet pizza

2»

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Would've been good to know yesterday Chubbs
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    henapple said:
    Would've been good to know yesterday Chubbs

I posted that yesterday... you were probably 17 PBRs deep and forgot.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Chubbs
    Look at my first post on this thread--- 4th one overall. Boom. Also, I PM'd you a pic of your christmas present from the forum.
  • henapple
    You're right... I usually just skim over your post cause they're wrong... =))
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    henapple said:
    You're right... I usually just skim over your post cause they're wrong... =))

@chubbs, go for it man. Just don't hold anything back.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Chubbs
    I am not the one burning pizzas :-\"
  • henapple
    Chubbs said:

If that's all I did I'd be ok.. Just sucked... I can't do pizzas
  • It's probably not you, its that Ozark Oak.  I hear it ain't so hot. =))

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• Chubbs
    henapple said:

Sure you can. Plop the dough ball in the skillet in the cold over. Drink a beer. Pull it out on the counter. Drink a beer. Top it. Drink a beer and light the egg. Drink a beer. Stabalize the egg. Drink a beer. Pizza on for 25 mins, drink 2 beers. Remove from egg. Drink a beer. Remove from skillet on cooling rack. Drink a beer. Cut it and plate it and eat it with a beer. It will be good, trust me.

If you are worried about it, have your spouse, girlfriend, etc go beer for beer with you and they wont know any better any way. Win/win.

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Chubbs said:
    henapple said:

Sure you can. Plop the dough ball in the skillet in the cold over. Drink a beer. Pull it out on the counter. Drink a beer. Top it. Drink a beer and light the egg. Drink a beer. Stabalize the egg. Drink a beer. Pizza on for 25 mins, drink 2 beers. Remove from egg. Drink a beer. Remove from skillet on cooling rack. Drink a beer. Cut it and plate it and eat it with a beer. It will be good, trust me.

If you are worried about it, have your spouse, girlfriend, etc go beer for beer with you and they wont know any better any way. Win/win.

That sounds like a great plan!  What about the steps leading up to the dough ball?  That is where I have problems.   It seems that yeast just can't live in my house.  My dough never rises like the recipes say it should. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    @smokeypitt - that's possibly a yeast issue.  Get some fresh yeast.  Activated instant.  You can also add a little sugar to the dough to feed the yeast (I rarely do)....watch out, I had a bag of dough explode in the fridge because I did this once.

Make a big batch of dough and put it in your fridge.  It has a long shelf life and it tastes better after a few days.  And you're ready to go when you decide to make some pies (with very little prep).
    I buy store bought dough because its easy and its really hard to eff up per-made dough. Thaw it out and hammer down. After thawing the dough, I pretty much follow Chubbs directions above.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Chubbs
    If I am doing skillet pies I but store bought dough balls. If regular pies I make the dough. Got to have fresh yeast.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

@smokeypitt - that's possibly a yeast issue.  Get some fresh yeast.  Activated instant.  You can also add a little sugar to the dough to feed the yeast (I rarely do)....watch out, I had a bag of dough explode in the fridge because I did this once.

Make a big batch of dough and put it in your fridge.  It has a long shelf life and it tastes better after a few days.  And you're ready to go when you decide to make some pies (with very little prep).

Don't forget the beer.
  • henapple
    Chubbs said:

henapple said:

The first thing I see wrong is there's not enough beer.....
  • henapple
    @SmokeyPitt... Monistat 7 will solve your yeast problem...
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    henapple said:
    @SmokeyPitt... Monistat 7 will solve your yeast problem...
    We're talking about pizza dough here....but if you want unleavened crust....by all means.