Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Whole Pork Loin - Delicious! (with Pics and Temps)

JLGougeonJLGougeon Posts: 16
I tried my first whole pork loin, 4.3 lbs., and it was a big winner with the family.  Brought the Egg up to 350 with a raised rack.  Once the loin reached room temperature I covered it with a 50/50 mix of canola and olive oils.  Then I generously seasoned it with Bad Byron's Butt Rub.  It went on the Egg, direct but elevated, for 45 minutes.  At 45 minutes I "made the turn" and flipped it, also tossing some cherrywood chips on the coals.  It went another 35 minutes until it reached an internal temp of 162.  I would have pulled it earlier but SWMBO doesn't like any pink in her pork!  Let it rest for 15-20 minutes (while the corn on the cob cooked) and served it up.  I never knew pork loin could be so moist and tasty!imageimageimage
Cheers!
John
XLBGE and Weber Silver "C"
Pork.JPG 40.8K
Pork1.JPG 35.8K
Pork2.JPG 43.4K
·

Comments

• Black_BadgerBlack_Badger Posts: 974
    Nice looking cook, congrats.
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
    ·
  • GrillmagicGrillmagic Posts: 1,012
    That looks GREAT! is that a raised rack, I thought raised rack meant above the felt. I'm new to all of this... Looks yummy!
    ·
  • Black_BadgerBlack_Badger Posts: 974
    I consider raised rack anything above the fire ring, usually at or above the felt. In this case this does not appear to be raised. @JLGougeon, how was this raised/elevated?

Cheers
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
    ·
  • SamFerriseSamFerrise Posts: 544
    Rotate your photos before posting.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
    ·
  • JLGougeonJLGougeon Posts: 16
    For clarification: I took the first pic on the lower rack.  I realized it was WAY TOO CLOSE to the coals and raised it immediately after.  I use two brick pavers set on their sides with a cast iron grill piece from my Weber Silver C balanced on top for my raised grill.  It works great and it didn't require any real work to assemble!
    Cheers!
    John
    XLBGE and Weber Silver "C"
    ·
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,618
    Nice Job Johnny, that looks fantastic.

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·