Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Whole Pork Loin - Delicious! (with Pics and Temps)

JLGougeonJLGougeon Posts: 15
I tried my first whole pork loin, 4.3 lbs., and it was a big winner with the family.  Brought the Egg up to 350 with a raised rack.  Once the loin reached room temperature I covered it with a 50/50 mix of canola and olive oils.  Then I generously seasoned it with Bad Byron's Butt Rub.  It went on the Egg, direct but elevated, for 45 minutes.  At 45 minutes I "made the turn" and flipped it, also tossing some cherrywood chips on the coals.  It went another 35 minutes until it reached an internal temp of 162.  I would have pulled it earlier but SWMBO doesn't like any pink in her pork!  Let it rest for 15-20 minutes (while the corn on the cob cooked) and served it up.  I never knew pork loin could be so moist and tasty!imageimageimage
Cheers!
John
XLBGE and Weber Silver "C"

Comments