Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Love the Hickory smoked wings

Man these wings are awesome!! I love the wings on the egg!!
image.jpg 2.4M
·

Comments

• HotwingkingHotwingking Posts: 183
    That's a lot of wings! Any details?
    ·
  • @hotwingking: sure thing. I took a pack of chicken that had the wing and drum stick connected. I separated them and it was about 20 of each. I then marinated them in Moore's Buffalo wing sauce. I added a dry rub to the wings after I took them out of the sauce. I put the wings on a pizza pan. Got the egg to 350 degrees and added a handful of Hickory chips. Put the plate setter on and cooked over indirect heat. I cooked them for about an hour and flipped them halfway through so both sides were crispy. They turned out awesome!! My kids and a friend of mine at most of them before I could sit down!! Going to do some with a good BBQ sauce this weekend.
    ·
    Thanks for the info, it's kinda funny how quik they disappear once they come off the Egg
    ·
  • milesbrown4milesbrown4 Posts: 314
    love the wings on the egg!  add a tbsp of corn starch to your rub and it makes them crispy.  also the adjustable rig from the ceramic grill store enables MASSIVE wing heaven - up to 1000 in of cooking space.  check it out!
    ·
  • Looks delicious!
    ·
  • @hotwingking: I know!! I am getting 2 packs this time and the kids can have their own!!
    ·
  • @milesbrown: thanks for the tips. I am going to try the corn starch and definitely want that adjustable rig. How much is it?
    ·
  • NJ_BBQNJ_BBQ Posts: 98

They look great! Just wondering why you'd put them on a pan and not on a grate?

·
    Go to ceramicgrillstore.com , I have the adjustable rig and the spider. I use a small pizza stone on top of the spider to cook indirect. Works great.
    ·
  • @NJbbq: that is a good question. I just bought the egg and got the idea from a forum post. Still trying different ideas out. Will go with the grate next time.
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,469
    You want to really take wings to the next level????? Smoke them on the egg and then deep fry them. Not as healthy, but man these are good.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·