Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

steak cooking

ricktannerricktanner Posts: 24
ow do I cook a tender ribeye (well done0 on my bge?
·

Comments

• GrillmagicGrillmagic Posts: 945
    edited July 2013
    Well Done? ouch!!!! 
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,227

Check out the below link and steak recipes (and you can substitute rib eyes for the mentioned cuts):

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/recipes2.htm#beef  The main site is a great ceramic cooking reference source-FYI-

Louisville
    ·
  • twlangantwlangan Posts: 293
    Well done - and tender too? Good luck with that. There is a reason that steakhouses usually have a disclaimer on their menus that they are not responsible for steaks cooked that way.

If someone put a gun to my head and made me cook a steak to well done, I think I would do a low and slow on a thick cut steak at about 250 deg and cook til internal temp got to where I wanted it. You won't have any char on it though.
    ·
  • Que_n_BrewQue_n_Brew Posts: 558
    8-|
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
    ·