Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Blackened Chicken Salad (Mini BGE Cook)

Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 1,970

I used the Mini BGE for the second time tonight.  I was going to use it last night for pork chops, but we had one heck of a lightening storm here in Columbia, SC.  Tonight, we finally had a clear evening with no rain or lightening.  It has been weeks since we've had a day without rain or lightening.  I'm fine grilling in the rain, but it's sort of ridiculous (and not so smart :) ) grilling during a lightening storm.  Especially under a metal grilling gazebo like the one I have.  :) 

For tonight's cook, my wife prepared her usual blackened chicken rub.  We also have a bunch of red and yellow grape tomatoes coming from our garden this year along with a large amount of cucumbers, squash, zucchini and fresh herbs.  We used some of the yellow and red grape tomatoes tonight along with a cucumber for our Blackened Chicken Salad. 

Used the same pre-lit coals that I used last week for the steak I grilled up.  I had the mini going at around a 550-600 deg f dome temp for about 1.5 hours last week, and I only utilized around 1 or 2 coals at the most.  This little joker is really, really efficient on fuel!!!  I used only the leftover coals from the steak cook tonight, and I still have plenty of leftover coals for a third grilling session.  :)  Here is tonight's salad....sometimes the simpler cooks are the better ones.  Especially when using home-grown veggies.  :)

2014 Co-Wing King

Comments