Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

OT= 7/4 weekend cook #4: Red, White, & Blue Fajitas for I-Day

calikingcaliking Posts: 7,224
This was my "National Unity" cook for the 4th of July weekend. OT because it was cooked on my discada/tawa and ss Weber Performer.

Started with marinating some chicken breast and skirt steak in John Henry Fajita Seasoning. I was not overly impressed with this rub, so added extra garlic, Mexican oregano, garlic, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce,  and lime juice.

First fried up the proteins. Chicken and beef.

Next came the veggies. Jalapenos from the garden - they were hot!

Blue corn tortillas. 
Next the assembly. Heated up my CI fajita platters for a sizzling tableside presentation.

Here's the National Unity part - red (beet and jicama salad from Costco - went great with the other flavors), white (chicken, onions), and blue (tortillas) and all the other flavors and components which make our country a pretty swell place to live. Dinner was great too and appreciated by all!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

• Beautiful! God bless America!!
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • JamieoroJamieoro Posts: 180
    Well played!
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 15,915
    Hey man, I don't care what it's cooked on as long as it's good eatin'.  Don't matter if you use an egg or a turkey frier to heat up that wok.  Long as it tastes good, publish it.  BTW - looks great!
    This is my signature line just so you're not confused.
    Large and Medium BGE, Kamado Joe Jr., smoker with a 5k btu AC, gas grill, fire pit, pack of angry cats, two turntables and a microphone, my friend.
    New Orleans, LA - we know how to eat