Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Got the XL (pics), need a table, anyone put 3 eggs in a table?

I posted about an XL that I was picking up last week: 

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1154280/older-xl

I drove up to Wyoming and picked it up on Tuesday, I did not realize how big this thing really is: 

When I asked why he was selling it, he mentioned it was hard to get it hot, first burn didn't seem to have that issue, this is about 10 minutes after the weed burner did its magic: 

Unfortunately, to negotiate this pick up with the wife, I am selling my weber performer, and my small egg.  I am ok with losing the small, but the performer was harder.  I think this is worth it :).  I also need to build a table.  I am going to put it in a table with the Large and Medium. I am going to put the medium egg in the middle (my fav), with the L and XL on either side.  Anyone put three eggs in a table?  I checked out the naked whiz site but didn't see many examples.

I think I am done now, no more grills for a while.

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Nice man. That would need to be one sturdy table. XL would be nice to have for sure.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,188
    Thanks chubbs. Agreed, it will need to be pretty substantial. I am thinking 10' X 3' with 3-4 heavy duty casters on front and back. Kind of like a mega moveable BBQ island.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    You'll need extremely heavy duty casters. How far do you have to move it? I'd think you'd need at least 4 sets of legs. 22.5 degree angle on the ends would look good.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • WalrusBBQ
    WalrusBBQ Posts: 153
    That's awesome. I'm real interested to see a table build with tres eggos

Good luck man
    ------------
    Beers & BBQ

• cookingdude555
    henapple said:
    You'll need extremely heavy duty casters. How far do you have to move it? I'd think you'd need at least 4 sets of legs. 22.5 degree angle on the ends would look good.
    It wont move more than ten feet or so.  I just dont want it to be tied down as I am going to build an awning, and expand my patio, so it does need to move some.  I plan on 4 sets of legs.  Obviously one at each end, and one set in between each egg.  On the 22.5 angle, are you talking braces between the shelves and legs?  Thanks.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795

You clearly haven't figured out how to play henapple to your advantage.  Don't ask him questions - just offer him a case of PBR if he'll build you the table and deliver it to you with a bunch of Ozark Oak stuffed in the storage areas....

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• henapple
    I would angle the table. Instead of a straight one I'd bring the side eggs in a little... Top of a stop sign....._
    / \
  • cookingdude555
    Foghorn said:

You clearly haven't figured out how to play henapple to your advantage.  Don't ask him questions - just offer him a case of PBR if he'll build you the table and deliver it to you with a bunch of Ozark Oak stuffed in the storage areas....

haha, good call!
  • Adamd
    Adamd Posts: 160
    Would be cool to see a 3 egg table. What sizes do you all have? I know the xl has a bunch of weight to it.

Big Green Egg website says:

XL: 218lbs
    Large: 162lbs
    Medium: 114lbs
    Small: 77lbs

Even 3 XL's is only 654lbs. While it is heavy I guess I was thinking these eggs were more heavy then they are. Of course with all the extra's and charcoal loaded up in these maybe you are looking at under 800 pounds. 
  • cookingdude555
    henapple said:
    I would angle the table. Instead of a straight one I'd bring the side eggs in a little... Top of a stop sign....._ / \

ok, I see what you mean.  That is an interesting idea.  The location of the eggs may prohibit this as right now it is a concrete pad outside the back door, but it is not huge.  When I get home from work I will do some measuring.  Thanks for the idea.
  • cookingdude555
    Adamd said:
    Would be cool to see a 3 egg table. What sizes do you all have? I know the xl has a bunch of weight to it.

Big Green Egg website says:

XL: 218lbs
    Large: 162lbs
    Medium: 114lbs
    Small: 77lbs

Even 3 XL's is only 654lbs. While it is heavy I guess I was thinking these eggs were more heavy then they are. Of course with all the extra's and charcoal loaded up in these maybe you are looking at under 800 pounds. 

The three going in it are the XL, L, and Med.  Selling the small and the mini stays in a shed.
  • henapple
    I'll take the small, mini and a lot of pbr and I'll build the table