Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

First "Juicy Lucy" cook

I've seen a few threads and decided to give it a try. Bought a stuffer press from lowes, they have two models a big and small, I bought the big and it takes 3/4 pound of meat to fill this thing! I only bought 1.25 lbs at the store and well one burger had to be made smaller...  I'll be going back for the smaller size press, anyway the press made the burgers a work of art! I stuffed them, seasoned, then threw them in the freezer for 20-30 while firing the egg and stabilizing. Cooked at 400 for almost 15 minutes per side as these were HUGE!! They turned out great, if you haven't tried this then definitely add it to your to do list.

Comments