Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Reverse Sear Question

I'm going to be cooking steaks tonight.  The method I'll be using is 300 indirect until desired internal temp is reached, then all vents open for searing heat one minute per side.  I've done a reverse sear a couple times, but would love some help with the following question.  How many degrees below the goal internal temperature should I shoot for by the end of the low-temp, indirect portion of the cook?  If, for example, I want to the steak to end up medium rare with an internal temp around 130, should I take it off the grill somewhere around 115 to allow for a slight raise in temperature when I put it back on to char the outer crust?  What do you all do?  
Southern California

Comments