Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Chicken thighs and hot salad

Haven't posted for awhile.  I was struck with the thought while making up our veggies today that all they needed was a little lettuce and it would be a salad.

Chicken thighs marinated in teriyaki, done direct, raised grid at 400.  Veggies in the basket done direct at about 350.

Pasquali Luciano
Buon appetito to all the BGE family
XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·

Comments

• mb99zzmb99zz Posts: 182
    Looks great, Doc!
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,422
    Doc you did the well sir.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 605
    Nice as always Doc.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX

·
  • rholtrholt Posts: 368
    I can't help but notice you have a thing for teriyaki. How long do you marinade? Seems like the last time I did it the teriyaki flavor was on the outer 1/2 cm of meat and then just regular chikin the deeper I got. Any outer seasonings?
    ·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,380
    Normally marinate in teriyaki for 24 hours.  This meal got side tracked and actually sat in the marinade for thee days!  Tasted great.

Our chief marinades are Yoshida's teriyaki, Dichickos Garlic and Hot, and Allego Hot & Spicy.  I also use Lawrey's Schezuan Sweet and Jerk.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • rholtrholt Posts: 368
    Cool. Thanks doc.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,259
    Looks good, doc...for you idea guys...a foodie camera that blows the smoke out of the frame with a built in fan.

·